Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Crunchy Gears at high Revs/ Cant get into gear!

Lynx

Keltik- When i tried to double clutch it, it still wouldnt even go into gear.

Here are some pics off my phone.

90744949.th.jpg

87053457.th.jpg

25443208.th.jpg

18147574.th.jpg

27332817.th.jpg

As you can see the flywheel has some pretty mad hot spots, you can feel them with your finger.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funkytown said:

jebus... :o

dead clutch plate thats for sure.. its got tonnes of meat on it by the looks though..

did you ont get the flywheel machined with the new clutch?

Pics of the pressure plate..

Yep, like i said less than 7,000kms on it. Nah flywheel didnt get skimmed, the guy that help change the clutch last time said it was fine, and it looked fine too.

Pressure plate looks pretty normal, like a brandnew standard one.

So anyone know why my clutch blew, dont want it to happen to next one? haha

Guest keltik

If its less than a year old, id be taking it back to repco and raising holy hell

Even when raped by the biggest muppet (not saying thats happened here) they shouldnt fail like this

keltik said:

If its less than a year old, id be taking it back to repco and raising holy hell

Even when raped by the biggest muppet (not saying thats happened here) they shouldnt fail like this

Do you guys recommend me doing this? I will be looking at getting a exedy H/D next.

The only time this clutch got abit of raping was at nightwars which i had three runs and thats it, but this was end of last year.

Anyone know why a clutch would fail like this?

Lynx']

[quote name='keltik said:

/quote]

Do you guys recommend me doing this? I will be looking at getting a exedy H/D next.

The only time this clutch got abit of raping was at nightwars which i had three runs and thats it, but this was end of last year.

Anyone know why a clutch would fail like this?

yer go hit them up - dont take the flywheel as it looks beaten up - and dont say it got raped at nightwars..

it shouldnt have failed like that

Guest keltik

Only time ive seen a clutch disc actually come apart was in a ute that was attempting to tow a caravan up a vertical gravel driveway....and even then it was a 4 yr old clutch in a daily driver.

At worst you shouldve gotten a lot of smoke and a slippy clutch.

Ok got the exedy clutch in today. Everything is sweet as apart from the engaging/friction point which is high as. We have tried adjusting the clutch but cant get it to engage it right/how i want it to. Either no clutch or high friction point.

Any ideas guys?

boostcut said:

how much freeplay do you have before the pedal actually starts working the clutch?

By free play do you mean from the bottom or top?

Clutch shudders on take offs and downshifts, is this normal?

Guest keltik

Common problem but its not supposed to do that. Did you get your flywheel skimmed?

Shudder is supposedly caused by hot spots in the flywheel or on the pressure plate.

Guest keltik

I heard rumours theyre only $40 ish from subaru. But after finding a belt tensioner was $430 ive been too afraid to ask.

been thinking of replacing mine, but yea, can imagin price lol

any one know the part number for the slide pins on 4 pot brakes? i had it but now lost it :(

-smurff

Guest boostin

Yes the slave can cause your issues. If its cheap enough, then replace it. Some are $40ish, others are $200. Ring your local dealer with your cars chassis number and check.