Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

CAR STARTS, new problem

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unbolt the rails from the manifold (leaving them attached to the fuel lines if you can, not sure if this is possible with factory lines.....), then turn the key on a few times to let the fuel pump prime the lines. You'll find one or two (or four) injectors draining fuel into the cylinders hence why you've been struggling to start it. Wet fuel doesn't ignite.

dubbedup said:

would the inj jsut start leaking for no reason tho?

it was a turbo swap, so no need to take inj out...

There's only four places where fuel gets into the engine. When your engine is injesting that much fuel. Best to start looking at those four places. As I said up there a bit, I haven't kept up with the other thread so no idea what he's checked. I'm just looking at what the symptoms are and where I'd start looking for the root cause.

if the motor was gunked up with oil would the computer try and add fuel to try and rebalance the mixuture...ie oiiy petry = lower octane... just seems odd that an inj or seal would start leaking for no reason...i have never heard of this, but i spose it could happen?

dubbedup said:

would the inj jsut start leaking for no reason tho?

it was a turbo swap, so no need to take inj out...

It won't be the injectors, as said it was only a turbo swap as the original had launched itself and did so bad there was oil all through the intake, intake manifold etc etc.

It has had new plugs, turbo and now it has some petroleum in her she runs :P, but smoking like the new turbo is fubard also :-\

Check to make sure that when the new turbo was fitted all bolts etc are nice and tight and that there is no leaks at all.

Kingersman did you get some AFM cleaner (electrical cleaner it think) as that AFM will have got coated in oil and could be causing the ECU to miss calculate and feed to much fuel into the motor, causing it to smoke and stink of unburnt fuel.

That and some upper engine cleaner... and a good run with some good fuel

Just some thoughts

dubbedup said:

if the motor was gunked up with oil would the computer try and add fuel to try and rebalance the mixuture...ie oiiy petry = lower octane... just seems odd that an inj or seal would start leaking for no reason...i have never heard of this, but i spose it could happen?

I have doubts that the ECU could adjust the mixture to that extent.

Has anyone checked the plugs since its been started and run rich as? Is there oil or petrol all through the intake? Is there a massive air leak somewhere?

funkytown said:

define a lunched turbo? just seals or did part of the compressor blades end up in the intake side?

just seals I believe but it made a HUGE mess with oil throughout everything

it was just the seal in the turbo.... think the new turbo is stuffed as well....

as for the petrol ... i cleaned the afm and everything.

haven't checked the plugs yet but might do it tomorrow.

to much petrol also makes the driver feel like ****

kingersman said:

it was just the seal in the turbo.... think the new turbo is stuffed as well....

as for the petrol ... i cleaned the afm and everything.

haven't checked the plugs yet but might do it tomorrow.

to much petrol also makes the driver feel like ****

you need to come for a blat in my car, i couldnt even taste the fumes :P

(ewg and gearbox boot no proply installed)

the 1st thing you shoudl do is go put some 98 in it and take it for a decent drive. the some upper engine cleaner thru it...and if its still smoking after that, then i'd say another turbo is needed.

funkytown said:

well two things required for car = go..

Air and fuel.

koom is on to it, check out one side of the equation and rule that out... then look at the other - simple process of elimination

car goes...we got it going last night...just was very wet fumes coming out the back, ie water/petrol, i still personally think it has nothing to do with inj...

Side note, remember the hum that was coming from idle airthingy (dam non techincal terms) could this be playing a part, and the smoke is white not black like if it was running rich.

Edit, was humming when ingintion turned to acc/on position, i unplugged it and it stopped - something i thouhgt about then!

we plugged it back in b4 we started it.

dubbedup']

[quote name='funkytown said:

Air and fuel.

koom is on to it, check out one side of the equation and rule that out... then look at the other - simple process of elimination

/quote]

car goes...we got it going last night...just was very wet fumes coming out the back, ie water/petrol, i still personally think it has nothing to do with inj...

You have the smell of fuel coming out the back with clouds of smoke and you reckoned you went through 5 litres of fuel in 2kms. Yeah I reckon thats got nothing to do with the injectors aswell ::)

You need to either get your information clearer before you ask a question, or you need to have a big long think about what you are replying with cause at the moment, I have no idea how you are coming to the conclusions that you are coming to unless the information that you are giving us is completely up to fu** all.

And have you checked the state of the plugs yet? Although you really need to run the car then check them straight away to see what they are covered in.

dude, i think at this point with all the f'ing around just take it to someone, i mean with all this amature stuff your pulling off like not have gas in it, its not smoke from being over rich, unless its so rich that unburnt fuel is getting into the exhaust, in that case you will be getting big back fires

Koom']

Air and fuel.

You have the smell of fuel coming out the back with clouds of smoke and you reckoned you went through 5 litres of fuel in 2kms. Yeah I reckon thats got nothing to do with the injectors aswell ::)

You need to either get your information clearer before you ask a question, or you need to have a big long think about what you are replying with cause at the moment, I have no idea how you are coming to the conclusions that you are coming to unless the information that you are giving us is completely up to fu** all.

And have you checked the state of the plugs yet? Although you really need to run the car then check them straight away to see what they are covered in.

sorry this ain't my thread...but he was completely out of petrol, we went to shell which only had a 5 L container which we could borrow...so im guessing 5L aint gunna do shit....

[quote name='EJ20T said:

dude, i think at this point with all the f'ing around just take it to someone, i mean with all this amature stuff your pulling off like not have gas in it, its not smoke from being over rich, unless its so rich that unburnt fuel is getting into the exhaust, in that case you will be getting big back fires

I think your missing the point with fuckwit comments like this, yeah maybe amature mistake but we figured it out 5 mins from looking at the car...(did kingersman say he was a mechanic, no he is someone who doenst want to be ripped of by a shop) i personally feel the turb he brought under the impression it was a good one is actually fucked.

If money was growing on trees why would we ask for advice on a forum...when we could jsut take it to a shop?

dubbedup said:

talked to the old owner of the turbo, he never ran it, so cannot say for sure it was good condition...

looks like ya need another turbo kingersman!!!

So the smoke coming out the back is oily smoke and not petrolly smelling smoke then.........