Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Twisted Turbo

price will depend largely on whether you can do all the work/welding yourself or if you have to buy off the shelf parts and have a professional fit them.

cost me $540 to get all my pipework done by a professional and he came to my work to do it with his mobile workshop, but that was external wastegate plumbing as well and he didnt make a new up-pipe as i had already made an adapter to fit my t3 flanged turbo. was a full 3 inch downpipe though back to the midpipe, and external piping follows the down pipe with a flexi in it, and everything heatwrapped.

I'd say it would cost 1.5-2k if you dropped your car off at a workshop and picked up a day or two later expecting it to all be mint. There's generally alot of labour involved and some things like braided oil feed line don't come cheaply.

Guest boostcut
 Koom said:

I'd say it would cost 1.5-2k if you dropped your car off at a workshop and picked up a day or two later expecting it to all be mint. There's generally alot of labour involved and some things like braided oil feed line don't come cheaply.

they do when you talk to me about it...

I live up in the far North and was wondering if any one would be able to recommend a good installer, their's some really dodggy mecanics up these ways or they just dont know what there doing...

id say that would include the piping it doesnt cost fark all to buy the piping,unfortunately it sounds as if your like me and wouldnt have a clue how to make yourself,thus unless you know someone who can do it,then your prob better off just buying the rage 1,bout 600 i think for the kit,still have to get braided oil line and then depending on fmic or top mount may have to get custom pipng for that also (may just be able to use some silicon joiners).still 2gs sounds pretty dear just to twist i was quoted 2500 to twist my garrett turbo and to flip the manifold running the fmic piping under the headlights

boostcut']

[quote name='Koom said:

I'd say it would cost 1.5-2k if you dropped your car off at a workshop and picked up a day or two later expecting it to all be mint. There's generally alot of labour involved and some things like b]braided oil feed line don't come cheaply[/b].

they do when you talk to me about it...

they arent actually that expensive i've discovered, Apex Autos in Hamilton did me a hose the other day including welding on 2 fitting in dash 6 braided hose with Speedflow anodised fittings for $100, so expect $100 per hose.

id say thats pretty cheap for anodised stuff.

must be quite a long process to install, depend on the installer I guess-the more experence the better, the closest sub mecanic is warren @ sublab whangarei anyone dealt with them before?

Guest SPANKU

i cant remember what my rage one cost in the old days think it was like $900 totaly

even with the kit you need to do some custom work. such as water outlet and getting braided oil inlet line which will cost up to $100 including fittings

Guest SPANKU

it should take half a day to do it if you got all the water hose sus and the inlet oil line. remove down pipe and uppipe.

got a photo of it with a standard vf22 somewhere here

running fmic with xtractors and high flow td05 if that's any help, guy selling up&down pipe on trademe heatwraped ment to be direct fitment for 400 hundy-is this a good price....