Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Re-register a de-registered car

Anybody know how much it should cost to re-register a car that hasn't been registered for 12 momths?

The car is a '95 Toyota celica and belongs to a friend of mine. I talked to VTNZ who quoted well over $1000. Is this correct can we get it done somewhere else cheaper.

Cheer.

iirc $480 was the cost, and to get it sussed, we needed all new rotors pads, tyres and a windscreens, this was a 95 wrx wagon, an it would have easely gotten a clean wof sheet, just to show you how hard it is to get them back on the raod

Cheers guys. I am trying to get them to just sell it as is. I am sure it is more hassle than its worth trying to get it back on the road. The thing would be lucky to be worth $4k on the road anyway.

Think its a goner.

Anyone want a de-registered '95 celica? :)

Shale said:

Last time I checked...

$400 for compliance

$260ish? for year's rego

$47 for WOF

This is through VTNZ...and what I will be doing with my new Legacy :)

sounds about right to me.

did the celica have anything that require certing?

Thanks for that. Exactly what I needed to know. The lady I was talking to at VTNZ was being rather vague so I wondered if she knew what she was on about.

Nothing should need certing as it is completely standard. Although it is a bit rough (owned by a lady who hasn't taken care of it) so have no idea if it will pass a normal WOF let alone a vigorous compliance type inspection.

Also it can cost about a extra 100 if its a 2nd hand Jap import...

Due to them phsylically having to do a even thougher Inspection of flood and accident damage. They have to pretty much strip every thing out of the interior of the car to inspect all the structal parts.

That was when I was checking about Re vinning my Black Vortex 6.

Luckly it was a Subaru NZ trial car So was sold here new.

I talked to the head guy at that testing station.

Old Skool Subbie said:

Due to them phsylically having to do a even thougher Inspection of flood and accident damage. They have to pretty much strip every thing out of the interior of the car to inspect all the structal parts.

They should be doing this on every car that is being inspected

duckandcover']

[quote name='Old Skool Subbie said:

/quote]

They should be doing this on every car that is being inspected

+1 they pull apart every car to properly inspect it...this is what happened to my ex's BC and my BC before it failed compliance (on a rusted door, now replaced...no I didn't send it through with a rusted door, lmao).

Guest the_return_of_the_jedi

is it over 12 months? try put it on exemption first.. youll have to pay the rego due, but will give u 12 months to fix it, ( not requiring a vtnz check either )

Treecrusher said:

So could I strip it myself and take it down there in bits?

I would contact the inspection centre to see if they are charging for the vehicle to be stripped, you may find with companies like VTNZ or teh AA that they have a set pricing scheme that is non negotiable, and if your paying, might as well let em do it

the_return_of_the_jedi said:

is it over 12 months? try put it on exemption first.. youll have to pay the rego due, but will give u 12 months to fix it, ( not requiring a vtnz check either )

yea it's just not Ben registered for 12 momths, not much more though I don't think. What is this exemption. How do I do that, just go to the post office?