Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

a/f ratio gauge wiring

Ninja8)

hey guys n gurls....

planning to purchase an air fuel ratio gauge for the v3 wagoon...3 wires: ground,acc,afm

does anyone know what colour wire from the afm plug? or any other easier way to install the gauge.

its an autogauge one since ive already got autogauge boost and watertemp

thanks alot :)

Factory ones are narrow band up until the newage stuff which have a semi-wideband which still isn't going to tell you anything useful.

You get to watch the pretty lights dance around while cruising though ::)

JoKer said:

will it work proper?? I'm curious as to whether they are the on/off type or will it give a variable reading?

mine gives off variable readings, and i ran a wire from my gauge to my mates o2 wire from his ecu and the reading was also variable and also read diff to what it read in mine (after some testing ;)), which lead me to beleive the it was accurate ::)

smokn4']

[quote name='JoKer said:

will it work proper?? I'm curious as to whether they are the on/off type or will it give a variable reading?

/quote]

mine gives off variable readings, and i ran a wire from my gauge to my mates o2 wire from his ecu and the reading was also variable and also read diff to what it read in mine (after some testing ;)), which lead me to beleive the it was accurate ::)

Variable as in either side of stoichiometric or variable from 9:1 to 20:1 afr? ;)

Koom']

[quote name='JoKer said:

/quote]

Variable as in either side of stoichiometric or variable from 9:1 to 20:1 afr? ;)

f@#k i dunno ;D

needle doesnt stay in one place for too long is all i know :D

Guest boostin

Here's the vid as promised. When we got the car some tard had cut 3 holes in the dash and put rangi as looking gauges in them. I got the blackout gauges off TM for it and fitted them up. At least the holes were all drilled in line!!

Left is Voltmeter, centre is boost and right is A/F ratio. While cruising it continuously swings from rich-lean-rich, following the output of the oxygen sensor. When you back off it flicks to rich, then down to lean. When you gas it, it drops to lean then shoots straight up to rich. The vid was taken while sitting in the driveway. It takes a few secs to start working as the engine was cold.

DSCF1753.jpg

th_DSCF1754.jpg