• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Aquariums

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh there some strange looking fish in the tank at mi house.everytime i look it looks like there a new fish hha.

our breeding tank has started to get a bit mossy(algae?) now, its full of baby sword tails, there about 1cm long, think if i add a sucker fish there will be any issues?

-smurff

really, i didnt think they did that, how the hell did it catch them? the sucker fish's mouth is in a strange place lol.

so if i go buy a new little one things should be fine, no putting our big one in.

glad i asked first hahaha

what about those snails you can get, when this one gets bigger we then run the risk of it eating the next lot of babys.

if snails dont eat the fish they may be a better option?

-smurff

hahaha, damn, maybe i will just have to flush the sucker fish when they get to big for the breeding tank lol

-smurff

QRAF']

[quote name='smurff said:

hahaha, damn, maybe i will just have to flush the sucker fish when they get to big for the breeding tank lol

-smurff

/quote]sell them on trademe

now you have me intrigued, i must now go look to see if your not just pulling my leg, people sell fish on TM?

-smurff

smurff']

[quote name='smurff said:

-smurff

/quote]sell them on trademe

now you have me intrigued, i must now go look to see if your not just pulling my leg, people sell fish on TM?

-smurff

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pets-animals/Fish/Fish/auction-375871721.htm

want

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Pets-animals/Fish/Fish/auction-374773697.htm

169941804.jpg

sti8u said:

munch munch munch lol

you got it lol :D. They just about knock themselvs out trying to catch stuff and what they thnk is food on the underside of the lid!!!!! sitn on the computer and all i hear is wack!! look over and the lids sittng all cockeyed on closer inspection theres some "black fluff" sitting ontop right where the undersides all wet!! dumass fish lol and yes I do feed them theyr not starving!!!!

dsc02844v.jpg

dsc02850z.jpg

just been to the fish store, picked up a whiptail bottom feeder and put 2 dwarf puffer fish on hold for me to pickup tomorrow :D

-smurff

they said that it was a possibility, if so i will move him to my big tank, most things are a trial and error for compatibility with puffers.

there not gunna eat the algae themselves, so there gunna have to find a friend with someone i give them hahaha

i am removing my 30 baby swordtails form the tank so it can be a puffer tank, 5 sword tails i will try in my big tank, hopefully there not to small, the rest im giving to the pet shop.

should i try my bristle noes sucker fish thing in there first, as there only $10, not $30 and he is like 5 times the size of them

-smurff

picked up the puffers today and got them a new filter, something better than the one that was in there and also some driftwood, however it will take the drift wood a week to soak.

first thing they did when i let them out of the bag was attack the little snails that were in the tank. im pretty confident they are settling in well :D

-Smurff

i tried to take a few pics, need to clean the outside of the tanks ahhaha

they are a little bit shy atm, will give them a few days to get used to me. they do like frozen bloodworms which is great, just gave them 2 worms and they enjoyed.

one thing i didnt know, which the store lady warned me of, if one dies, remove it from the tank asap, if any fish eat them they will die from poising. thought that was interesting

-smurff