Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ANYONE KEEN FOR REGULAR MMC & CLUBSUB MEETS

i am totally shocked by clubsub members comments!!!

GROW UP and GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES!! - your only scared they'll outshine us with the quality of there cars and positive attitudes!! (and sorry but they bloody will!!)

ive been to afew mmc meets, i was even asked to tag along at xmas, to one of there larger meets as photographer... they arent "boyracers" they are all great people and i cant bleave you are judging before you have actually met any of them personally!

IF anything - they are less boy racer than us - they drove sensibly, and safely - which is more than i can say for the last few clubsub cruises ive been on with people speeding off, sitting up each others ass'es and generally being c*nts on the road!!!

its s*** slinging threads like this, that contribute to other clubs laughing at us, and no one having any respect for us!

i cant bleave this is coming from me - GROW UP ALL OF YOU!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah Becca, I see what you mean.

But honestly, we weren't writing them off as people at all (maybe apart from one or two people and thats their own personal choice), we are writing off the idea as meeting up as a club just to chat - as we all think that it won't go down so well - I'm not saying there is going to be any problems if the two clubs do meet. As you all well know, Mitsi clubs and Subie clubs are never massive fans of each other, it's just the way it is.

Seriously though, my previous statement still exists - if we do go for a meet with MMC or likewise it should be on the track for a mini-competition of sorts - I think that will boost club relations far beyond starting around looking at each others rides.

And TBH, I have met them, I used to be apart of them, I don't really like them - so don't say I can't like them because that's a personal opinion I have towards their club/certain people within the club. I'm not scared if they outshine me, it's not like it's hard with my Gravel Express.. LOL.

Or N/A Impreza :P

ClubSUB did both the event thing and the meet thing in the past from memory with completely different groups of people - it wasn't a success, and it was never carried on.

I'm sure if the option is out there then a few people would show, but I imagine they peer down their noses at us as much as we peer down our noses at them. It's just a re-hash of the Commodore vs Falcon debate really...plenty in common, but not a lot to talk about.

ClubSUB is a bit of a purebred society...always has been, always will be. Meet to talk about your SUBIE. And glare at the club captain arriving in his commode ute :P

What I saw and DID like, however, was the Z club being invited to a Mini club navigational trial, with several very nice old Z's showing up (drooooooooooolll) to compete. It worked really well.

CMPLSV said:

i am totally shocked by clubsub members comments!!!

GROW UP and GET OFF YOUR HIGH HORSES!! - your only scared they'll outshine us with the quality of there cars and positive attitudes!! (and sorry but they bloody will!!)

ive been to afew mmc meets, i was even asked to tag along at xmas, to one of there larger meets as photographer... they arent "boyracers" they are all great people and i cant bleave you are judging before you have actually met any of them personally!

IF anything - they are less boy racer than us - they drove sensibly, and safely - which is more than i can say for the last few clubsub cruises ive been on with people speeding off, sitting up each others ass'es and generally being c*nts on the road!!!

its s*** slinging threads like this, that contribute to other clubs laughing at us, and no one having any respect for us!

i cant bleave this is coming from me - GROW UP ALL OF YOU!

are you on your rags today?

Apart from a couple of people who appear to have an axe to grind with some MMC members no one really appears to give a damn but the consensus is that generally it would be more productive to engage in some sort of competition rather than just a meet.

As for behaviour on cruises, well I cant say anything about the Auckland chapter but I dont believe feckwit behaviour is the norm in the vast majority of CS cruises.

all im saying - is stop bagging another club ok... you all need to realize that every post you make - is making it back to there forums... which is doing absolutely nothing for there opinion of us.

this is like NZhondas vs NZprimea all over again.............................

as for making a meet with them a 'competition' - i think this is a worse idea, rivalry will just explode, heads will clash...

AND as for meets never working in the past - if all the CS'ers had attitudes like in this thread, im not surprised they weren't a success!!

I'm going to strongly disagree. Who wouldn't want to see WRX vs GSR, STi vs Evo's - it would be a hell of a day to watch, and then a mass BBQ and beers, it's all pure win.

Who cares if it's all going back to their forum, it's not like we have to impress them.

TBH, I'd probably go to a 'casual' MMC-CS meet, I wouldn't know wtf to say to any of them...

......... just stop bagging them, and i wont post, simple.

Im not going to "force" anyone into a meet with them, i just think whats the harm in trying - if people can improve there attitudes enough to give it a try...

i wont post, as long as no1 else bag's them, they are great people, and have AMAZING cars... You could simply say "not keen" instead

Think about it. Talking to someone results in some 'mine is bigger than yours' opportunities, which are annoying as hell. Driving against or with someone results in people appreciating the apparent prowess of the 'other' kind of car.

We've had Evos at grasskhanas in the past to fair success (even if they did need to bulldoze a bit of land for one of the Evos to be able to get over). No one talks smack, because everyone has a capable car.

If I had the option of organising a park up and talk meet, or a legit grasskhana, I'd do the grasskhana. Would far prefer to cheer on a few mitsis going sideways than have to get into the f*cking peenor-measuring contest that seems to always happen with mixed company.

I don't think anyone is bagging here though. It just wasn't well-recieved.

no ones bagging them i just want to keep it on the track as said in previous posts

lets organises a track day and meremere or night wars.

I know for a fact a subi isn't going to keep up with an evo they are easy to pull big numbers out of

CMPLSV said:

no1 from clubsub auckland will race at meremere, its below them apparently

that makes no sense, i see people from clubsub there all the time.

are you still on your horse as i'm in the pub.

Guest Fastfour
 CMPLSV said:

no1 from clubsub auckland will race at meremere, its below them apparently

Not below me, just boring as shit. After 12 seconds, where are the corners haha

deathz0r said:

Ah well, Becca said she ain't using the forums for the day so this can finally get back on topic.

@OP, did you have any ideas for a meet? or was it simply an idea you were throwing around

just throwing it out there at the mo.. but i dunno, was thinking of a park up on that little reserve in okawa bay, 1 before mission bay, ive seen a few car clubs park up their in the past, i personally think it would be a fantastic display, the biggest rivals in motoring history having a meet up. strictly no biased haters, maybe in the summer or something, chicks in bikinis ;D ha ha, im keen to look into it if a good amount a members are up for it. ;) open to all ideas guys

I used to be a paid member of MMC (not that I've owned many Mitsi's) and was one of the 2 club scrutineers for several years - they ran some good events and even at their track days we had a few Subarus turn up (including Loren from here).

There was no animosity, a little bit of joking but certainly nothing malicious.

However, that was several years ago and these days MMC is just a forum club, no longer MSNZ affiliated and no AGMs etc. The club has changed a fair bit and the only meets that are organised down here seem to be related to boyracer activities. Ie in town on Friday/Saturday nights. However I don't know the people involved anymore to say what goes on.

So I guess my point is, do we want to be associated with that sort of crowd? Given we are trying to get MSNZ affiliated, the less time spent associated with what is perceived as boyracers the better...

However, competition is a good idea - as Shale says, that evens things out and you gain mutual respect for each other. I can't remember the last time someone in a street Evo showed up at a Motorsport event in Wellington - they are all a bit soft round here. So I reckon lay the challenge down to them...

That's exactly what I was trying to get at. CS needs to plonk itself right into the heart of motorsport - from grassroots to proper competition - and the last thing we need to do is associate with anything related to the boyracer image.

What that means, in its entirety, is that we need to be a wee bit picky. Is that me hinting at anything? No.

But I think everyone has a general feel of what Viv has described. We're not sure of MMC any more. Meeting again and sussing each other out will be brilliant... BUT where we let the CARS talk, not the mupps behind the wheel. We're cautious, and they most likely think we're right plonkers, so what better to do the talking than neutral machines speaking the same language?

Gymkhana. Sort the men from the boys from the girls from the wannabes. If you're afraid of motorsport, what are you doing with a nice car?

Heck. Even Grasskhana, which lets autos do just as well! ;D Gentle on cars and drivers alike, but requires a bit of skill. (And y'all get to laugh at me fighting my open rear diff and ALL my power going to the wheel with the least traction)

personally id rather see something like a timed track day (not necessarily head to head racing) with a MSNZ affiliated club.

I suppose gymkhana is less to organise and cheaper, but if we are wanting to go towards being MSNZ affiliated then more official events are the way to go imo.

Grasskhana.....hmmm cant really see the cream of the crop, presentation-wise from any club being overly keen to get into grasskhana.

But yeah pretty much I agree with you Shale.