Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What should a 89 Gt wagon be boosting?

subaru-mania

As per title what should my wagon be boosting standard, with vf8 and I have a boost gauge, reading in 1,2, halfway into 3 is 5psi, and in 4,5 Boosts a max of 10psi. Does this sound right? as I always thought they boosted 12 psi standard? Also My engine check light IS constantly on, Got Subaru / and an auto elct to hooked up to computer and both places said either dodge knock sensor or a hard fault. would this cause limp mode? It just feels fine and still has plenty of grunt..

Also If the knock sensor Has been trigerd, And you can hear any obvious knocks, And iv been driving around a good 5000k+ now and still sweet as, with The light... Does that mean it is a fuc*kd sensor as Subaru said? Whats Yur peoples thought? cherz in advance..

boost CUT is about 12psi (13ish really) mate. 10psi sounds right, if not a tad high for a good ol GT.

And generally knock sensor code means it's not working, not that it's picking up knock. Replace it, they can be had for cheap if you know what you're doing.

Ahh yes thats right, I got mixed Up with the boost cut psi, But the strange thing is I have speed cut of 180,but My boost cut is not 12-13psi as Iv run 15psi for about 1000k With no issues at all.. But is back to 10 now and has been for ages..

Guest boostin

They run around 10psi factory, 15psi boost cut. They are pretty lazy with the cut though. I've seen mine go off the end of my 25psi gauge with a TD05... :o

Not all are the same i think ryan, matt's cuts at 13psi, and ran about 7psi factory, IIRC

His also came with a VF10, not an 8, despite being manual. Perhaps different grades of GT, or perhaps early and late pre face lift?

Guest boostin

Hmmm, or his boost gauge is wrong....

Mine was VF10 too, all wagons were AFAIK, and mine was 10/15.

I tested The gauge, And nope its sweet as. And also went for a cruisea and set it at 15psi and pulls hard with no cuts Only speed.. But yeah Pretty sure my factory level is set at is 9-10 Psi. I think My clutch is starting to slip.. :P

Guest boostin
 Drunkenmonkey said:

yup vf10 7 psi factory 12.7 is cut

That sounds too low. I reckon your gauge is bung.

Q: What should a 89 Gt wagon be boosting?

A: The bank

A: The ATM

A: Subaru Genuine car parts...

and some other ideas I cant come up with yet...

PS in case you missed it yes I could not resist and take the piss...

Guest boostin
 Drunkenmonkey']

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

/quote]

digital boost controller... dont think so

I see yours is a BF5A49D, mine is a BF5B49P, so just A rev and B rev and auto and manual differences. I can only guess that A's possibly boosted lower. Still doesn't sound right though.

boostin']

[quote name='Drunkenmonkey said:

/quote]

there's a thread somewhere on here, about ECU's, and it lists all the cuts of the old ones. Find that and much will become clear i think, lol. (Said thread is also where we got the specific "12.7" psi cut from)

I don't take anything for granted with the BC/BF's. Like not all of them having closed deck blocks for example. weirdness.