Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

How to tell between V3/4 vs V5/6 Manfiolds & are the fuel rails diffferent

pl0x

those are both v3/4 or PHASE 1 manifolds.

differences

the v5/6 one has the coil off centered.

the rails mount onto the manifold on a different angle and the tabs further apart.

obviously they then take different injectors than 3/4

suspect the sensors (may) be different.

and the bolt mounts to the block are different.. ie the stud pattern to the heads. (koom - is this true - or does the pattern only change on the later v7+ avcs heads?)

funkytown said:

those are both v3/4 or PHASE 1 manifolds.

What funky said, easiest way to tell the diff is the coil pack location, v3/4 is top dead center, v5/6 is offset to the passengers side.

Epic fail by auto parts direct,

Cant tell the difference between v3/4 & v5/6. Also paid for it on the 15th of june only just got it. and they left out boost solenoid bracket, heater core lines and oil lines the 3 other things i asked for >:(

Fuck it, add another week -.-

funkytown said:

and the bolt mounts to the block are different.. ie the stud pattern to the heads. (koom - is this true - or does the pattern only change on the later v7+ avcs heads?)

I dunno. I think its all phase II heads that are offset.

pl0x said:

Epic fail by auto parts direct,

There's your problem... why the heck aren't you buying from stong! Do it, and receive discounts, and the correct part. They courier parts btw.

The best way to tell them apart IMHO is the idle controller, it's present on the phase-1, and not on the phase-2 (rather, it's inbuilt into the throttle body), and you can still tell them apart like that when looking at legacy manifolds (can't use the coil pack placement way with legacy's, since they are coil on plug)

ReubenH said:

.... strong for subaru. 09 622 2072, ask for nathan or gerald, tell em i sent yah.

Would they have metal oil return line, fuel rail w/reg, boost solenoid bracket & crank case breather (I think thats all i need?)

Koom']

[quote name='funkytown said:

/quote]

I dunno. I think its all phase II heads that are offset.

thats the one phase 2 manifold bolt pattern is offset

pl0x']

[quote name='ReubenH said:

.... strong for subaru. 09 622 2072, ask for nathan or gerald, tell em i sent yah.

/quote]

Would they have metal oil return line, fuel rail w/reg, boost solenoid bracket & crank case breather (I think thats all i need?)

They did, mint. I didn't know they where a parts/dismantler place? thought it was more a dealership place haha

V4 stuff on its way back now haha...