Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

dsr turbo

wrx_lou']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

Also maybe an idea to have a little more info on your turbos, your technical specs dont actually have any technical specs. I cant even tell from your website if your turbos are ball bearing or not

/quote]

If you click on the smaller image it takes you to the tech spec page.

http://dsrturbo.com/product_info.php?cPath=24&products_id=170

My apoligies, just a bit hard to spot, thought that was just to make pic bigger

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey, basicly in a nut shell, i dont give 2 f**ks who is running it, how much kw they running. i want to know about there quility, and how long they last. i have a tdo4l fitted, i run 17psi on that, removed my turbo about 2 wks ago, has no oil any where, never had any leaks, not a single problem. where as my mate, he fitted a brand new dsr t3t4, he ran 14psi, 1WEEK LATER, oil every where.

its all good saying whos running them, and punching a few numbers in. at the end of the day its all about quility.

BLATANT LIE. JUST A GUY ON A FORUM USING BAD LANGUAGE AND MAKING UP STORIES. All the turbos we sell come with a 1 year warranty. Our feed back is 100%. Good night

Guest keltik

Agreed that post wasnt the most constructive one, but posting all in caps and not answering anyone elses questions isnt the best look for yourself.

dsrturbo said:

hey, basicly in a nut shell, i dont give 2 f**ks who is running it, how much kw they running. i want to know about there quility, and how long they last. i have a tdo4l fitted, i run 17psi on that, removed my turbo about 2 wks ago, has no oil any where, never had any leaks, not a single problem. where as my mate, he fitted a brand new dsr t3t4, he ran 14psi, 1WEEK LATER, oil every where.

its all good saying whos running them, and punching a few numbers in. at the end of the day its all about quility.

BLATANT LIE. JUST ANOTHER GUY ON A FORUM USING BAD LANGUAGE AND MAKING UP STORIES.

is that how you deal with the truth???

wrx_lou']

[quote name='rs_with_a_kick said:

is that how you deal with the truth???

/quote]

Again, very non constructive. Have you got any proof of these accusations?

Sorry about previouis post. Sent before completing and realising caps were on. But i would like to see some recent proof to. Keep in miond dsr turbo sell over 400 pc of turbo charger a year now there is going to be one. All and every single tracking number of each turbo is writen down along with its date. Just because things are made in China there is no need to hate China. Majority of everything sold and purchased in the world comes from China today. Along with Garrett exhaust housings, compressor coversand wheels are still made in one of many garrett factories being in Shanghai China.

Guest crunchy

Without repeating and going over whats been posted before ill cover some finer points ( or dribble like i do )

First off every chinese turbo was developed by garrett kkk holset etc, and all china has done is copied them theres no rocket science in that.

At garretts conferance in aus a few months ago they stated how happy they are this is happening......cause garretts sales had gone up 15%,why?

When the knock off turbo turns to crap the chinese were atleast smart enough to copy all the diamentions thus the genuine garrett will bolt straight back in, now im sure everyone can figure out why.

You are correct dayne garrett does have a few factories in china( and many other places) but they are staffed by garrett and over see the day to day QC to insure the standards are to a high level,they are there for the cheap labour as are many other companies and fisher&paykel nz did the same afew years ago to the discuse of the nz public and goverment since they gave them a 60mil tax cut then they bailed.

Strange how now their doing the big push on tv as they lost i believe over 50% of the nz market just to save a dollar.

Now dayne you go on about 3 years developing a turbo to which all thats been done is copied someone elses work which is falttering i guess,same with the mitsi 20g.

For just a little more than whats been sold you can now buy the real thing,and you did say on one of your auctions the prices were going up it just makes it easier for those looking to choose.

Whenever i pass comment on any turbo for whatever reason its based on what ive found over the last 20yrs plus i do this for a world wide base.

I help out where i can as i have passion and pride in what i do as its all kiwi made but i dont make false claims or using anything but OEM parts or i make them myself.

I have no need to nail what you do dayne cause it doesnt come remotely close to my market or who i deal with.

No offence here dayne but your answers you give on your auctions never fail to make me smile.

Heres what ive found with subaru owners in general they are a passionate purresit car owner to which has been stated take alot of time looking and asking long before they spend and as is stated dont want 400plus kw,they like the best of both worlds and i agree with that outlook.

Theres a lot more to making power in a sub than slap a big hair dryer on it and as can be said for many other cars,if you dont have a good understanding of how to build engines tune overall setup you burn a big hole in your pocket cause someone said " yea this will go hard man"

Dyno graphs are a great thing for bragging rights and all they tell me is what power the overall setup makes not what the turbo is mapped to do which is a lot more important, remember the engine is responcable for making power too thus why head work and cams etc add to the outcome.

Compressor maps tell all as with turbine maps and for some reason with chinese turbos they dont come with them, strange that ask holset what happens when you try to map one ( its on youtube i think).

Sorry for the long reply guys but thats just what i do, i wont drop names to who i do work for or what ive done thats not what this is about but i have a good customer who holds a few records with his high dollar GTR to which he uses some chinese turbos on his cutomers cars .

I asked him "but would you use them on your GTR?" answer " hell no im not stupid"

Guest crunchy

And for the record theres alot more turbos on the market than garrett to which ive noticed china dont try and copy for some reason !!

Garretts data base i have carries over 8000 different turbos plus other products,i can offer over 150 differant upgrades covering many different brands and combos thus why china has a long way to go and im sure one day they will come up to par with others but the pricing will rise accordingly japan was no different in the 70's.

As most on here know to change one thing means others must be done, to fit a so called t3/4 or a GT( to which theres over 2000 combos ) you need to change up pipe, intake, cooler, ecu etc etc etc.

Now when you weigh up dollar for dollar and say you have 240kw now and want bit more change everything to gain another 30kw and spend 5k plus to do so when other things like cams,ecu and thinking outside the square can do the same and alot less makes you think was it worth it?

Everyone works hard for their money and spends how they see fit,i just try to advise the best i can and a lot of the time its for free on forums like this

Guest crunchy

as i said nothing about the topic is personal dig too much of that goes on in the industry, and forgive my crappy spelling

thanks again have a great day

Theres a market for everything and any body who wishes to sell what ever they please its a free country,on principles i chose not to plaly in that market as im not after a quick dollar.

Guest keltik

If you want a real test, give viv a turbo. God knows he would make good use of it and we would see failure a lot quicker.

Im sure he'd let you put a DSR sticker on the car too if you ask nicely

I'm suprised Viv hasn't propperly killed an engine (apart from an injector o-ring failing and overheating in auckland) in the RS, Though I put that down the the link G4 and Aarons tuning.

It would be intersting to see what the DSR EJ turbo does on his car and how well it copes with anitlag...

Couldn't be any laggier then his VF turbo with the restrictor fitted..

For those of you that don't know what Anti Lag is:

Anti-lag is a feature which is designed to eliminate the lag period (or spool up time) which is experienced with a typical turbocharger. Anti-lag generates a small amount of boost under conditions where the engine would normally be operating in vacuum (such as in overrun which occurs when lifting off the throttle). By doing this, the turbocharger will already be spooled when the throttle is re-applied and lag will have been reduced.

Two modes of anti-lag are available in Link ECUs. The first is designed for use in most cases where fitting of additional devices to allow extra air to enter the engine (solenoids/valves) and control switches is not restricted by motorsport rules, and is referred to as 'Group A mode'.

Where this mode is being used, an 'idle up device' (such as an idle solenoid that bypasses air around the the throttle plate or a mechanical device such as a cable or motor that can push the throttle open) needs to be fitted. Note that the standard idle speed control will probably not be able to bypass enough air.

It then works by retarding the ignition significantly, while at the same time making the air / fuel mixture much richer and bypassing air into the engine (via a throttle plate or a solenoid).

This means that the exhaust valves are just beginning to open when ignition (aided by the high temperature of the exhaust tubes) occurs, and the resulting exhaust gasses keep the turbo turning, while at the same time providing very little torque to the crankshaft.

The second is known as 'Group N mode', and is used where rules prevent the fitting of devices such as solenoids/valves and control switches. It essentially uses a throttle stop to keep supplying additional fuel eve when the driver has taken their foot off the throttle, and controls the RPM / idle speed by cutting cylinder ignition in a random but cyclic manner.

Note - care is needed in the use of anti-lag, as it results in very high exhaust gas temperatures. These may be reduced by adding extra fuel via the anti-lag fuel table but it should still be noted that anti-lag will significantly reduce the life of the turbocharger and manifolds.

crunchy said:

thats a great copy and paste but did i miss something? no offence is meant just that most know what it is

Umm and your point Steve?

Guest crunchy

as above dayne just asking what yours was,theses guys on here are pretty switched on to these things again no offence just somewhat off topic

crunchy said:

as above dayne just asking what yours was,theses guys on here are pretty switched on to these things again no offence just somewhat off topic

To answer your question Steve i reviewed Geoff's comment regarding anti lag. I recently found out tuning my own car what Anti Lag actually was. I understood what it did. But knowing exactly how and how harmful it can be to your components i didn't.

Guest crunchy

To answer your question Steve i reviewed Geoff's comment regarding anti lag. I recently found out tuning my own car what Anti Lag actually was. I understood what it did. But knowing exactly how and how harmful it can be to your components i didn't.

Sorry got ya yes it is very harsh and alot are starting to stay clear of it trying to use other ways to improve responce, it not only kills turbos but manifolds melts exh valves kills hoes etc etc etc.

When looking for that 10th every bit is considered but at a cost but there is other ways that are a lot more user friendly and work just as well if not better without the heat factor.

Still ralley is about the only place that uses it these days, does sound cool tho on certain model cars the group B cars of years gone by were bloody hard on everything including your ears even with a helmet on

There is a range of how mild or wild you can set the antilag.

Vivs is set rather mild using option 2, not ideal but works fine for a small budget and helps him a fair bit from what hes told me (apart from stipping the front diff crown wheel when he missed a gear on a gravel sprint)

we killed a stock TD05 pretty quickly with it set very hard during initial testing.. though it did pop some big flames and loud bangs.. so it had some cool factor ;D