• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

dsr turbo

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

keltik said:

Stock cams and no head work....thats stock as far as a turbo is concerned right?

This was my thinking also. well minus the injectors, exhaust & IC? yea ok not really stock is it, but i understand what hes meaning haha

keltik said:

Stock cams and no head work....thats stock as far as a turbo is concerned right?

Yes but the intake and exhaust also contribute to a turbos performance.

sultan said:

your definition is too literal. an aftermarket oe replacement oil filter would take it away from being "stock" technically.

No yours is. Consumables don't count or else putting petrol in would reclassify it as modified O_o

Qwerty']

[quote name='keltik said:

/quote]

Yes but the intake and exhaust also contribute to a turbos performance.

Thats ture but the motor will just perform like a "stock" but stronger engine, No cams, No larger valves or ports, mad comp ratio ect. Nothing was mentioned about bolt ons but yeah its not stock cus yes the internals are different but yeah as above longblock will act as stock just strong. I think it should have been worded different in the 1st place...

BC5RA said:

Stock would mean as it left the factory. So not stock.

no head work correct, nor cams.

has factory intake mani, aftermarket exhaust mani

has full forged internals. Ej207 shortblock, v3 sti heads.

to clarify "factory" were Geoff's words, perhaps used more lightly than intended.

from above - its each person's own opinion whether you consider my engine "factory" or not. I don't have an opinion to leave on the subject.

edit: also what marc said ;)

lol cheers man id feel the same way if it was my car being refered to. btw got your link yet? got him to get me one on that groupe buy but he said suspects they would arrive today but havent got any pm lol

sultan']

your definition is too literal. an aftermarket oe replacement oil filter would take it away from being "stock" technically. but in the context above makes absolutely no difference

If the crankcase has been split and uprated internals designed to cope with higher stresses; then it is not stock.

Obviously without head work then it will perform like stock only more efficient and stronger.

[quote name='BC5RA said:

Stock would mean as it left the factory. So not stock.

/quote]

no head work correct, nor cams.

has factory intake mani, aftermarket exhaust mani

has full forged internals. Ej207 shortblock, v3 sti heads.

to clarify "factory" were Geoff's words, perhaps used more lightly than intended.

from above - its each person's own opinion whether you consider my engine "factory" or not. I don't have an opinion to leave on the subject.

edit: also what marc said ;)

I don't want to get into a circle jerk over all this. To be honest I didn't even notice Geoff's comment.

It's not a matter of opinion; it isn't stock.

Well there I go learning somthing new about jons engine.. I was under the impression the pistions were stock etc..

So far all I can tell people is the turbo seems spools up exactly the same as the VF23 did from the few runs its had on the dyno. though its gota come off before its finished as we got other tunes booked this week.. not that Jons in welly to get his car when its done :P

Steve all I'm interested in comparing is the spool time, power and torque figures etc compared to price of the upgrade.

After all, your bolt on upgrade is fair wack cheeper then going along a route such as the twisted 3071 etc. so its a big win for the budget wary person.

Marc your link was part of the 2nd order we got tacked on the G4 order so was a couple days behind.

funkytown']

[quote name='GETLOW said:

Were tuning a Garrett GT3071R on a stock EJ20 at the end of the week so it will be interesting to see how it performs verse a crunchy modified VF23 turbo that made 230+kw on the same motor

/quote]

Man that sounds really familiar.... ;)

nah no way.. you must be confused with something else.

let's all cruze down to shred at the end of the week to watch Funky's tune lol ;D ;D ;D

you guys missed out on watching it..

All thats left to do is the finial road test/tune then Jon can take it!

From the little drive I had to and from the wheel alignment its pretty fast and responsive on low boost (15psi) and I didn't even open it up or rev it out!

Wow Steve, can't help your self can you. I have competition sure, Driven Performance, Scarles, masterpower and the whole of Trademe. I don't bad mouth them tho. They are just there trying to make a crust as you are and I am.

As the DSR 3540J its now being used by Fanga Dan in Thailand on his comy and will be there till the end of the year. Also Gaz Whiters S14 making 450KW at 24psi. Drift Inc Darren and Carlos and a number of other well known competitors.

We have worked very hard over the years to make our Turbos stand out from others and build reputation.

All I can say is if you can afford to buy a Garrett sure to it for the Patent ball Bearing. If you can't try Masterpower or Trademe.

Here is Gaz Whiters Dyno report

http://dsrturbo.com/gallery.php?gal_id=7

Your site isn't exactly accurate, I dont think you'll find ANY VF22 owner on here whos turbo drops off to 13PSI at redline.

If you try to mislead people like that I can only imagine what you do with the numbers we cant proove.

How long have your turbos lasted out of interest on these big HP drift cars?

Also maybe an idea to have a little more info on your turbos, your technical specs dont actually have any technical specs. I cant even tell from your website if your turbos are ball bearing or not

Like Inducer/Exducer Specs and maybe compressor map,

People around here usually put a lot of research into mods for their cars all Steve was doing was sharing his experience/knowledge and he is well respected WORLDWIDE for that knowledge.

And just to proove NZ is too smaller place to provide bad service, one of our members bought a FMIC kit from you, you sent the wrong one, when he asked you to fix it up you didn't want to know.

Stoffa said:

Your site isn't exactly accurate, I dont think you'll find ANY VF22 owner on here whos turbo drops off to 13PSI at redline.

Perhaps possible on a 2.5

From my understanding the 3540j is baised on the GT3582R ( I think thats the code, or Garrett GT3540R in old terms)

Subys are prone to boost falling off in high rpms (usually eveident at about 17psi)

From what I have seen of his 3540j is they have been reliable so far and perfromed as expected.

Though were going to be testing one on one of our own cars soon.. Aarons 2JZ S13 with 20psi or so through it.

dsrturbo said:

Wow Steve, can't help your self can you. I have competition sure, Driven Performance, Scarles, masterpower and the whole of Trademe. I don't bad mouth them tho. They are just there trying to make a crust as you are and I am.

As the DSR 3540J its now being used by Fanga Dan in Thailand on his comy and will be there till the end of the year. Also Gaz Whiters S14 making 450KW at 24psi. Drift Inc Darren and Carlos and a number of other well known competitors.

We have worked very hard over the years to make our Turbos stand out from others and build reputation.

All I can say is if you can afford to buy a Garrett sure to it for the Patent ball Bearing. If you can't try Masterpower or Trademe.

Here is Gaz Whiters Dyno report

http://dsrturbo.com/gallery.php?gal_id=7

hey, basicly in a nut shell, i dont give 2 f**ks who is running it, how much kw they running. i want to know about there quility, and how long they last. i have a tdo4l fitted, i run 17psi on that, removed my turbo about 2 wks ago, has no oil any where, never had any leaks, not a single problem. where as my mate, he fitted a brand new dsr t3t4, he ran 14psi, 1WEEK LATER, oil every where.

its all good saying whos running them, and punching a few numbers in. at the end of the day its all about quility.