Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Best legal Xenon type lights!?

matty231

Hey everyone,

I want to get some bulbs to replace the fogs, high/low beam and park lights.

What are the best (darkest blue) lights I can get that are LEGAL and won't make me fail my WOF lol?

They have to be max 4000 kelvins (i think)

Are Phillips Bluevisions good? I saw them at Repco.

Also anyone care to tell be the types of bulbs for each (i.e H3 55w) (mines a Legacy B4 99)

Thanks a lot.

Guest keltik

My HID normal lights are bloody awesome, had a set of PIAA blue tinted bulbs in the Main beams and they looked REALLY blue next to the others. Your welcome to the bulbs if you can find them in my shed as they had a shit light output but passed a wof no worries. Im using some philips ones now and they are pretty white but give an awesome light output.

Im looking for some blue or white H4 bulbs for my fogs so will keep an eye on this thread

i have those arctik blue or something like that in my driving lights, they are crap for lighting anything up, look nice, but are shit. i used to be able to drive 24\7 with just the driving lights on and they were as bright as low beams, now with the blue lamps they are shit and have to use low beams at night.

Subaru have 'Performance' upgrade headlight bulbs which are pretty damn good.

Cheaper than Repco and the likes too... They're made by Phillips so may or may not be re-branded Bluevisions.

If anyone's interested I can take some snapshots of the packaging and the bulbs.

The colour of light does not increase the amount. The most obvious rating on the packet is usually the temperature (kelvin) which is the colour. That is how they sell all those "Cool" blue lights to fools.

The only way to get more light is to increase the Lumens, (Lm), this is the amount or volume of light.

The arctic blue lamps that were mentioned earlier and called crap but "look cool"

4000k, 1700lm

The blue power lamps i mentioned.

3750k, 2000lm

A standard lamp is about 3100k, 1000 - 1200lm.

The higher the kelvin (k) the bluer the light.

The higher the lumen (lm) the more light.

The ratings for lamps i used are off the narva website.

http://www.narva.co.nz/Narva_Catalogue.html

This is pretty well set up and has a chart in the back of Globes section with recommended lamps

Subaru for many many years had crap lighting

they then installed HID lights which made there lights great

to get better lighting i usually run bigger wires and new relays

and run as big a bulb as I can fit/that wont melt the headlights

My old legacy had this as well as I run a set of aftermarket driving lights

My landcruiser has this as well

and my RX has upgraded wiring so far

will get some driving lights for it sometime soon

hmmmm wonder if you could canibalise some HID lights from a wrecked legacy gt-b and install into other subbies.....

that would be too cool for school

Guest boostcut
 Rossmnz said:

hmmmm wonder if you could canibalise some HID lights from a wrecked legacy gt-b and install into other subbies.....

that would be too cool for school

i modifyed some z4 bmw hidz to fit mine if anybody wants to buy