• Raised $0.00

turbo removal >.<

slystiguy

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks will do.

I actually noticed something else :o today as well..

SO long story short 1yr ago my clutch was done an they had some trouble with various things.One of which was when I got the car back the boost was leaking completely from an intercooler pipe.They fixed it for free of course(apparently the black tape wasn't enough to hold the crack they made on removal :S)

I was taking off the intercooler to get to 1 of the bolts and I noticed my stock blow off valve intake piece had snapped off an it was barely hanging there with silicone around the area O_O

slystiguy said:

thanks will do.

I actually noticed something else :o today as well..

SO long story short 1yr ago my clutch was done an they had some trouble with various things.One of which was when I got the car back the boost was leaking completely from an intercooler pipe.They fixed it for free of course(apparently the black tape wasn't enough to hold the crack they made on removal :S)

I was taking off the intercooler to get to 1 of the bolts and I noticed my stock blow off valve intake piece had snapped off an it was barely hanging there with silicone around the area O_O

yup well that would presumably be a vacuum leak. geta aftermarket valve and a new intake piece ;D

I finished installing this today an wow what a massive difference it made!

I knew it was gona gain abit of HP but I was actually blown back abit by what a difference it makes

definitely a worth while mod for anyone whos read this far! total cost was 305$ brandnew.

only down side is I couldn't get the uppipe bolts off with the tools I had >.< unfortunately I think its still leaking somewhere :(

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so a bit of an update

after installing the downpipe to find it was still leaking, i removed everything once again.took off the downpipe an intercooler air intake ect.undid all the bolts needed

had to buy 2 different sized sockets just to get into some of the fiddly little places (omg how annoying)

got all the bolts off except ne C*T >.<

The whole turbo an uppipe is moving around easily enough

there is one bolt holding onto what is either a bracket off the gearbox or connected to the back piece of the engine.there is a big black pipe which runs up the back of the engine an looks to go onto the bottom of the turbo(although Its very hard to see)

The problem being this whole mess of a job is stuffed because the clearance is not enough to fit a socket around the bolt because the stupid pipe blocks the bolt >.< seriously pissing me off get all the way through this job to be stopped by one stupid bolt that cant be taken off?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??!"?!?!?!?!?!??! #@%@#^# $ DGF#@^@

IDEAS PLEASE

i have rounded off 2 sockets an bent a socket extension(yes they are cheap tools but the stanly socket set is missing a few bits I needed so I used my cheapy which didn't last)

3/5 uppipe > turbo bolts have been rounded off an I cannot proceed any further until I figure out how to get that 1 bolt off.

help needed please about to lose my motivation to fix this car an get it on road again

• 4 weeks later...

yea I should have updated this topic

The pipe was so brittle that I thought it was metal at first, took me about 20mins to get it off an had to be cut in the end. After I did all that it took me another 30mins of bs to get the bolt off because I could still only do 2 socket clicks at a time >.<

anyways all came off all got replaced with new gaskets an some maniseal an reinstall went smoothly

only problem was I did something to the wastegate when I was grinding the bolts off the old up pipe an now the car doesn't boost properly ::) It probably isn't adjusted right or slightly bent the metal pipe piece or something

Now boost doesn't hit in until after 5000 an even then its very very poor. Its annoying because it was going so well after the downpipe was replaced made such a massive difference in pull and kinda gave me that spark to continue fixing her up.Now i've lost interest again hahhaha but still done a few little things like replaced the shitty bov an a broken airbox

lately its been all one step forward two steps back