Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Titanium spark plugs

gtb36

In the suby i'll probably run Iridiums when it comes to changing... however i prefer NGK coppers to either iridium or platinum... i believe these to have a bigger more efficient spark... but only last 5000km's..

DarkCrystal GTB said:

In the suby i'll probably run Iridiums when it comes to changing... however i prefer NGK coppers to either iridium or platinum... i believe these to have a bigger more efficient spark... but only last 5000km's..

I have also read this same thing. Whats the price difference between the two? Would it be a saving by going with the copper over the long run?

I would go with platinum, theyre what they come out with from the factory with (as far as I know), I had irridiums in my gtb before I had platinums fitted and the second turbo would'nt come on in 1st gear, strange I know.......and the platinums are meant to be good for 100kms (so they say).

Quote from: DarkCrystal GTB on October 12, 2010, 05:17:18 pmIn the suby i'll probably run Iridiums when it comes to changing... however i prefer NGK coppers to either iridium or platinum... i believe these to have a bigger more efficient spark... but only last 5000km's..

I have also read this same thing. Whats the price difference between the two? Would it be a saving by going with the copper over the long run?

Like $6 vs $25 to $30... but coppers don't last too long. In my previous skylines (gtst's) i only ever run NGK Coppers gapped to 0.8 for fatter spark to avoid detonation.. may have been just placibo, but seemed to run smoother with the coppers.. this is however only MY opinion.

DarkCrystal GTB said:

Quote from: DarkCrystal GTB on October 12, 2010, 05:17:18 pmIn the suby i'll probably run Iridiums when it comes to changing... however i prefer NGK coppers to either iridium or platinum... i believe these to have a bigger more efficient spark... but only last 5000km's..

Like $6 vs $25 to $30... but coppers don't last too long. In my previous skylines (gtst's) i only ever run NGK Coppers gapped to 0.8 for fatter spark to avoid detonation.. may have been just placibo, but seemed to run smoother with the coppers.. this is however only MY opinion.

Buy standard NGK plugs and check/regap/replace them every 10,000k will be better and cheaper than spending money on shiney metal.

Flippymoi said:

Buy standard NGK plugs and check/regap/replace them every 10,000k will be better and cheaper than spending money on shiney metal.

I struggle to change oil that often. Having to replace plugs more than once a year would just piss me off. The extra money spent on decent plugs more than makes up for itself in not having to think about them between rebuilding the entire engine itself....

I've made up my mind now... NGK coppers it is for me... change once a year all good.. i do around 10k a year. Just read one of my old posts on my old skyline site... turns out i bagged the hell out of iridiums back then coz the car felt like it lacked boost until i took peoples advice and turned to the coppers... so around $30 a year to have decent more reliable spark is pretty good considering thats pretty much the price of a single platinum.. each to their own but do some research before bagging coppers.. the others arn't any better apart from lasting longer.