Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

boost control

smokn4

those are a piece of piss to install

there are arrows on the unit itself, and also on the vacuum line splitter (smaller red thing that may or may not have come with yours)

Pretty much

................cut here and

.............put boost controller

Turbo -----------/--------------- Wastegate ( "-" represents a rubber pipe)

THUNDA said:

those are a piece of piss to install

there are arrows on the unit itself, and also on the vacuum line splitter (smaller red thing that may or may not have come with yours)

Pretty much

................cut here and

.............put boost controller

Turbo -----------/--------------- Wastegate ( "-" represents a rubber pipe)

yea mine came with everything pictured,

im thinking"cut the pressure line coming off turbo and install the 'T' piece,

then run line from 'T' piece to bottom pipe with arrow next to it on boost controller,

then run a line from top pipe on boost controller to the pipe on the bottom of the wastegate??

and if i do all this i am left with the line that was going to the wastegate free???

what do i do with that line???

this is my only prob!

Guest loren

hmm, doesn't sound right.

This must be a bleed setup because of the T piece.

SO

You have one pressure output on the turbo, and one input on the wastegate.

There is also a line going from your stock boost control solenoid to the intake.

Install one line from the turbo pressure output straight to the wastegate actuator.

Cut this new line, and install the T piece with the arrow pointing towards the wasetgate.

Run a line from the top of the T piece to the TOP of the MBC (input without arrow)

run the bottom output of the MBC (with the arrow) to the intake (remove the line

from the stock controller).

loren said:

SO

There is also a line going from your stock boost control solenoid to the intake.

Install one line from the turbo pressure output straight to the wastegate actuator.

Cut this new line, and install the T piece with the arrow pointing towards the wasetgate.

Run a line from the top of the T piece to the TOP of the MBC (input without arrow)

run the bottom output of the MBC (with the arrow) to the intake (remove the line

will try this in the morning

loren said:

SO

will this mean i wont be using " stock boost control solenoid"?

Guest loren
 Stoffa said:

you'll still be using your factory solenoid, all a bleed valve does is trick the ECU into thinking its making less boost than it actually is, so your wastegate stays closed a bit longer

here, the internet is your friend...

http://www.turbosmartonline.com/index.php?s=downloads

He could use it to bleed off pressure from the stock boost sensor, and not actually to control boost directly,

but the way I described it, and the way all the instructions on the website you linked to describe it, the

stock boost control solenoid is not used.

He will still need to leave the stock boost sensor alone, and the solenoid plugged in... but only to fool

the ECU into thinking it's still in control.

What i did with mine was had the tee peice installed between the turbo and wastegate with the arrow toward the wastegate

then ran the out line (of the tee piece) to the boost tap to the arrow going inwards

but as i said it controls it but backwards to what the +\- on the tap show... fine by me...

only problem (which i would watch out for) was on install we round it right closed (which was open) and free boosted till boost cut lol

loren said:

SO

does this look right??

1807572631a10462930020l.jpg

1807572631a10462930036l.jpg

1807572631a10462930056l.jpg

1807572631a10462930065l.jpg

1807572631a10462930076l.jpg

1807572631a10462930086l.jpg

Guest loren
 pl0x said:

um to me no that looks wrong to me but mine could be wrong also,

does it control boost? if so id say it works.

wheres the yellow piece going off the boost tap to?

You mean in the last pic? To the top of the T if he followed what I said properly.

Looks right to me... the MBC controls how much pressure is bled off from the

wastegate... more pressure bled off, wastegate stays shut, less pressure bled

off and the wastegate opens.

pl0x said:

just tried this set up and boost went down from 7psi to 4psi???

any ideas

loren']

[quote name='pl0x said:

/quote]

You mean in the last pic? To the top of the T if he followed what I said properly.

Looks right to me... the MBC controls how much pressure is bled off from the

wastegate... more pressure bled off, wastegate stays shut, less pressure bled

off and the wastegate opens.

yea it goes to the top of the T

Guest loren
 smokn4']

[quote name='pl0x said:

/quote]

just tried this set up and boost went down from 7psi to 4psi???

any ideas

If it's hooked up correctly... when the MBC is closed you should get wastegate pressure boost,

probably 7PSI.

As you start to open it slowly, boost should increase. As it's a bleed system, it possible

that if you open it too much, you will bleed off too much boost, and therefore make

less than wastegate pressure.

So, is it open all the way by chance?

well youve got the red T piece correct (piece in between wastegate and turbo)

now the pipe that comes off the red T piece will go into your cabin onto your controller knob (larger red piece with turny knob)

there should be an arrow on the unit to indicate which bit to hook the pipe onto

the remaining pipe just goes back into the intake for the air to be recycled, you can hook it up but its not that important tbh

sorry if you've already sussed it i just couldnt be fricked w8n for pictures to load lol