Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

turbo- Urgent answer needed working on it now

slystiguy

dude to me its sounds like one of the wastegate actuator hoses are cracked, not connected,

ive blown up one of my motors because i didnt have one of the hose connected after a turbo swap. i thought it was the new characteristics of the turbo but the big cloud of smoke behind me told me otherwise

does it feel like it has no torque then gets up to about 4-4.5k rpm then starts to boost?

yeah my problem was i didnt check all my mates work who was helping me. so i would run over all the vaccum hoses and check them thoroughly.

it just seemed to take forever to spool up. and if this is what it seems to feel like for you then dont boost till its fixed. i would hate for antone else to "throw a leg" because of a stupid but very important little hose

;D yea that would suck.luckily I live 5kms from work an I bike most days.Hoping its not cracks as that would possibly require removal of turbo again ? (you talking about the metal pipes?) I cant see or hear any leaks but I don't exactly know where I should be looking. I understand the basics thanks to that website link for cobbtuning an its all plumed up correctly as far as I can tell

Might take a quick video an post it up if anyone would like to look :P

if the BOV was leaking/not installed would this cause a boost loss? Just got a mint after market one from rocco (thanks again if you read this) just need a wee adaptor to put it in :P

regardless of what the problem is it wasn't happening until the install of the uppipe haha so it must've been something I did wrong/damaged

sorry to post again but this has got me stumped

today i took off all the intake again, no cracked vacuum lines or anything. noticed the intercooler pipe was sitting abit off on the turbo so put that back into place again did all the connections up nice an tight

started her up felt around for boost leaks -nothing but bov leak around the pipe joiner

all seemed to be well but still the same problem ? gets upto 4.5-5k an just starts boosting... its really annoying not knowing whats wrong

I used a subaru uppipe from a guy on here, should be all the same size uppipe under the heat shroud aye? starting to wonder weither its just the wrong size pipe now