Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

forester sti upgrade

Guest sleeperfoz

Guest itsgotgo
 Timmy-the Fozz said:

I have a 98 Fory.So i've got the yellow injectors and sti ecu,and i've got one of the HDi subaru specific boost controllers to go in,now for the afm. Would it have to be the orange stickered beasty or would a V5 one with this part number work?(c36-700r92) As i've been offered one for $100,low Ks apparently.. Also has anyone installed one of the HDi boost controllers themselves? Was it reasonably easy? wat about setting the boost levels? Could i street tune it to start with or install it and then tow it to a dyno? Cheers..

The 98 is not compatible with v5 air flow meter.

you will need the v3/4 orange as far as i know.

I have never done an hdi controller,but if you follow the instructions well ,you should be sweet. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

anyone worked out what will run in my 01 foz? im thinking V7 AFM/ECU and Pink injectors. had a chat to sub-a-roo but they havent done that coversion before. gonna go see WRC developments (work on same street as me) and see what they reckon. They are the ones doing the ecu-tek on TM for subarus

You'd be version 5/6 same as the other facelift fozzies? Don't think they did an engine revision on the Forester after the facelift until the SG's. Feel free to prove me wrong though

Guest itsgotgo
 uwantsumbeef said:

anyone worked out what will run in my 01 foz? im thinking V7 AFM/ECU and Pink injectors. had a chat to sub-a-roo but they havent done that coversion before. gonna go see WRC developments (work on same street as me) and see what they reckon. They are the ones doing the ecu-tek on TM for subarus

You would have to check the amount of pins and plugs with afm and ecu,i would think that matt the tree daymon would be correct :)

Also the v7 has a different injector rail casing to the v3/4

Check out FORCEFED http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,6519.0.html

yeah just got back from WRC developments, the guys plugged their laptop in and yip i have a V5/6 setup.

has anyone upgraded their AFM/ECU and injectors with V5/6 stuff?

wanna know if i do the same upgrade that id get some some of power gains. sub-a-roo can do a V6 ECU for $200 + gst, AFM for $150 + gst and injectors for $200 + gst. includes clubsub discount

• 2 weeks later...
Guest itsgotgo
 uwantsumbeef said:

yeah just got back from WRC developments, the guys plugged their laptop in and yip i have a V5/6 setup.

has anyone upgraded their AFM/ECU and injectors with V5/6 stuff?

wanna know if i do the same upgrade that id get some some of power gains. sub-a-roo can do a V6 ECU for $200 + gst, AFM for $150 + gst and injectors for $200 + gst. includes clubsub discount

Big dave has just done this in the other forester section :)

• 1 month later...
Guest itsgotgo

Ok i sold this vehicle a few weeks ago.

The guy that bought it had it dynoed.

He said at 16psi it made 185kw atw and at 19psi made 205kw atw. all done with afr of 12.1 he says.

I have no other means of verifiying this with sheets,as he told me over the phone.

So these figures can be taken with a grain salt. :)

Woah! quick who will pimp me out so I can get the moneys I need to upgrade mine??

I'm definitely upgrading mine now... as long as it survives new years and half of january living on the tree infested coromandal....

Guest itsgotgo

Could have been hamilton or tauraunga......I am guessing as he lives in waihi.

He didnt tell me where,just rang to say that his brother had smacked the front end up!

Showing off in the wet,with his work mates looking on ::)

Just a farkin munter!!!!!

He wanted to know where to get parts for it,so he could fix it up.

Last thing i said to the guy was.......Be carefull boosting hard in the wet!

Lots of fun,but shabby when you get it wrong.

Did not listen obviously.

If anyone is after a v5/v6 sti ecu.. i have one lying around

i have done my research, and the 2000 and 2001 forester, you dont need to change the afm. Its either a turbo or non turbo afm. Not like the pre-2000 models which had the different colour afm's. It looks different too. It like a finger-style afm that plugs into the intake pipe

• 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

DIG!!

So, viable upgrades for a standard MY99 S/Tb would be yellow 440cc injectors, v5/6 sti ecu and the standard forester AFM (seems the same as a v5 wrx AFM). wind the boost to around 14psi and done?

would anything else need to be done to make sure the car runs as it should?

a 99 s/tb is a phase one forester, so you will need a v3/v4 ecu, orange airflow, yellow injectors.

the 2000/2001 stbs (facelift) is the second phase engine and allready has yellow injectors and the newer style air flow metre.

Ok I cant sit in the wings any longer. You people are gonna spread more misinformation than fact if left alone!

Phase 1: 1997/8 Foresters, changeover was about October from memory, pre october = EJ20G

Phase 2: 1998- 2001 Foresters - EJ205

The conversion stated in this thread is only applicable to PHASE 1 Foresters only. There is also a comprehensive thread on this subject and the How To in the paid members section with pics and is written as instructions for those doing it...

matdaymon said:

Ok I cant sit in the wings any longer. You people are gonna spread more misinformation than fact if left alone!

Phase 1: 1997/8 Foresters, changeover was about October from memory, pre october = EJ20G

Phase 2: 1998- 2001 Foresters - EJ205

The conversion stated in this thread is only applicable to PHASE 1 Foresters only. There is also a comprehensive thread on this subject and the How To in the paid members section with pics and is written as instructions for those doing it...

Very correct matdaymon,sorry not been in for a while.

I originally wrote this thread for the phase1!!!!

As matt has pointed out above.......BE SURE OF THE MODEL AND PHASE OF YOUR FOZ!!!!!! :)