Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

forester sti upgrade

Guest sleeperfoz

nt_a_foz said:

TDO4 factory turbo probably would be ineffiecient past say 14psi...

Although sleeperfoz was running 20psi through his but in saying that its crapped out hahah

If you want to upgrade get a vf series sti turbo good upgrade

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Subaru/Engines/auction-209240624.htm

wud these be any good???

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
Guest itsgotgo
 nt_a_foz said:

TDO4 factory turbo probably would be ineffiecient past say 14psi...

Although sleeperfoz was running 20psi through his but in saying that its crapped out hahah

If you want to upgrade get a vf series sti turbo good upgrade

no young fella it didnt crap out :-*

it decided to get a high pitched scream,no smoke,and no boosting issues,just a scream.

the vf22 is a good turbo as a replacement.

6a sti comp and the one you had for sale ntafoz are good for the foz aswell. ;)

• 1 month later...
 pappu said:

apart from the ECU and injectors and AFM wont u require STI map sensor as well since the wrx/forester ones dont have resolution to 18psi that the STI can run to....?

havent heard of putting these in.

Id say mostly because people dont run this high boost through them even with the sti turbo,afm and ecu as the internals are still shitty wrx stuff...

14psi on a sti turbo and injectors etc makes for a quick foz still

Guest itsgotgo
 pappu said:

apart from the ECU and injectors and AFM wont u require STI map sensor as well since the wrx/forester ones dont have resolution to 18psi that the STI can run to....?

have run mine at 16 with the vf28 and no issues as yet,thats with standard internals.

that includes the td04 at 20psi after i wrote this sti upgrade thread. ;D

nt_a_foz said:

Definatly..

VF22 one of the bigger sti turbos.

Would do yellow sti injectors, sti afm for your year, and a sti ecu.

An exhaust including downpipe would be a good mod 2.

Put the vf22 in, in the weekend. noticed something interesting whilst doing it, i'm the first new zealand owner and the car already has yellow top injectors. Don't suppose anyone knows why??, could this have been factory or have they just been changed in japan

Guest itsgotgo
 Dean']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

Definatly..

VF22 one of the bigger sti turbos.

Would do yellow sti injectors, sti afm for your year, and a sti ecu.

An exhaust including downpipe would be a good mod 2.

/quote]

Put the vf22 in, in the weekend. noticed something interesting whilst doing it, i'm the first new zealand owner and the car already has yellow top injectors. Don't suppose anyone knows why??, could this have been factory or have they just been changed in japan

I think there are 2 different types of yellows,earlier models hade a lower cc rating and later model v/3/4 had 440cc yellows.

would pay to get them checked.

i could be wrong ,memory isnt that great :)

2000 foz - does this onbe have the v7 coil on plug type setup or the v6 type setup. the v7 ones came in blue top top feed

anyway all the yellows are 440 rated. the v5/6 ones can be decaped was mentioned somewhere but not sure (has anyone tried?)

the blue tops can def be decapped to about 850cc or so

if u have the yellows in the v6 type setup then maybe it could be a nz new thing maybe??

can anybody confirm if the nz new wrx also had yllows.. strange that they had yellows with the td04 tho...

Guest itsgotgo

pretty sure i saw a thread a while ago,that said v1/2 or some legacy yellows were smaller cc rating.

however if it is a 2000 onward the yellows would be 440cc one would think :)

Guest dcornie

my 01 foz has yellow injectors they changed injectors when they wwent from the phase 1 to the phase 2 engine so i got told

Just a question... I'm assuming that yellows would run on a standard ecu/afm setup seeing some of the facelifts came with them standard?

Correct me if I'm wrong

Guest itsgotgo
 matdaymon said:

Just a question... I'm assuming that yellows would run on a standard ecu/afm setup seeing some of the facelifts came with them standard?

Correct me if I'm wrong

i would think so.

just dont do it with grey injectors and sti ecu and orange afm with too much boost or .....bang!!! ;D

nt_a_foz said:

Id imagine its the same deal as QRAFS nz new v5 wagon...Had yellows with a td04

That is correct if you have yellows might also have a 90mm afm, 4pot front brakes, 21 and 22mm sway bars?

best thing i could of done was upgrade the turbo and install a evc

• 1 month later...

I have a 98 Fory.So i've got the yellow injectors and sti ecu,and i've got one of the HDi subaru specific boost controllers to go in,now for the afm. Would it have to be the orange stickered beasty or would a V5 one with this part number work?(c36-700r92) As i've been offered one for $100,low Ks apparently.. Also has anyone installed one of the HDi boost controllers themselves? Was it reasonably easy? wat about setting the boost levels? Could i street tune it to start with or install it and then tow it to a dyno? Cheers..