Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

bh5 motor in a bg5

infinite

Right, this is becoming more of a pain in the ass now.

i can get a complete manual conversion for 750 from a 1996 bg5, that will go into my 94 correct?

next the bh5 motor wont run a bg5 intake manifold? and the sensors from the intake are different? what should i do to overcome this?

Option 1:

single turbo conversion? but what will work? like what intake manifold will i need ect ect? my car is a 4 plug ecu auto bg5

i would like to stay auto and twin turbo atm as i have 4 other projects on the go and realy just need this to drive atm...

infinite said:

Right, this is becoming more of a pain in the ass now.

i can get a complete manual conversion for 750 from a 1996 bg5, that will go into my 94 correct?

next the bh5 motor wont run a bg5 intake manifold? and the sensors from the intake are different? what should i do to overcome this?

Option 1:

single turbo conversion? but what will work? like what intake manifold will i need etc etc? my car is a 4 plug ecu auto bg5

i would like to stay auto and twin turbo atm as i have 4 other projects on the go and realy just need this to drive atm...

Manual conversion should be fine to do.

using a BH5 engine in a BG cud be rather painful, the manifold is indeed different. The BH5 mani needs the matching ECU to run the IACV, TPS and AFM (+ other sensors).

Using a stnd BH5 TT mani and getting it to work with a BG ECU, .... painful/wont work.

Using a stnd BH5 TT mani and wiring it up using a stock BH ECU...... painful.

Doing the TT to ST of which you have to use a WRX V5/6 Manifold, modifying the wiring etc, using a stock V5/6 WRX ECU ..... painful.

Using the BH5 engine, doing the single turbo conversion and using a Link wire-in ECU would be what i would do. Wiring is run straight from ECU to sensors with out having to use /modify the existing wiring (with a couple of exceptions). Essentially a wire-in ECU means you cud run any later STI engine (as long as its the right ECU)

There are other options like taking the heads off the BH5 block and using the BG heads.... that way the BG manifold will fit, which would make it plug and play. Yud just have to ask someone if the BG heads fit on the BH block

Ok, but whats the difference between the TPS on a bh5 and bg5? as the car will plug and play apart from the TPS and the IACV valve? thus matching afm to the bg5 ecu if i can sort out the difference with the tps i mite be able to just do a rewire? same with the IACV valve?

You can still use the bg (phase II?) manifold on the bh (phase III) block, what you need to do is make up an adapter plate, the same as what you would do for a bellhousing adaptor. If you have both of the manifolds off you will be able to trace out them onto a piece of paper to figure out what your adaptor is going to look like.

You will need to get it cut out of alloy, more than likely getting it laser cut, which alot of people around here will tell you where to go depending on where you are.

You can either supply a 1:1 tracing of what you want to the profiling company, or you can/get someone to draw it up as a .dxf for you to give to the profilers.

What area are you from?

infinite said:

Ok, but whats the difference between the TPS on a bh5 and bg5? as the car will plug and play apart from the TPS and the IACV valve? thus matching afm to the bg5 ecu if i can sort out the difference with the tps i mite be able to just do a rewire? same with the IACV valve?

i see what you are sayin, some one will be able to tell you more about the pins on the sensors, the differences between the two models and if the BG ECU will run those BH sensors. Failing that compare wiring diagrams from a BH to a BG

IIRC the BH TPS is 4 wires and the BG is 3

gazzy2000']

[quote name='infinite said:

/quote]

i see what you are sayin, some one will be able to tell you more about the pins on the sensors, the differences between the two models and if they BG ECU will run those BH sensors. Failing that compare wiring diagrams from a BH to a BG

yeah thats what im thinking alot of the mazda turbo motors upgrade to a 4 wire tps on there 3wire tps ecu's so this could be a simple fix? just need to get a bg5 manifold infront of me

infinite']

/quote]

i see what you are sayin, some one will be able to tell you more about the pins on the sensors, the differences between the two models and if they BG ECU will run those BH sensors. Failing that compare wiring diagrams from a BH to a BG

yeah thats what im thinking alot of the mazda turbo motors upgrade to a 4 wire tps on there 3wire tps ecu's so this could be a simple fix? just need to get a bg5 manifold infront of me

no doubt someone on here has done what you are trying to do b4 and will be able to tell you what you need to knw :)

NotAWhiteGTB said:

You can still use the bg (phase II?) manifold on the bh (phase III) block, what you need to do is make up an adapter plate, the same as what you would do for a bellhousing adaptor. If you have both of the manifolds off you will be able to trace out them onto a piece of paper to figure out what your adaptor is going to look like.

You will need to get it cut out of alloy, more than likely getting it laser cut, which alot of people around here will tell you where to go depending on where you are.

You can either supply a 1:1 tracing of what you want to the profiling company, or you can/get someone to draw it up as a .dxf for you to give to the profilers.

What area are you from?

that is another way actuley hadnt put any thort into it!, will try to source a complete manifold and bg engine loom and can messure up i tryed geting a gasket for the heads but repco list the same gasket for both motors lol

Drunkenmonkey']

single turbo conversion? but what will work? like what intake manifold will i need ect ect? my car is a 4 plug ecu auto bg5

/quote]

autos are one plug so for single conversion Will need to repin the lot

what do u mean by one plug as my ecu is 4 plug?

just talked to a auto sparky and he says its 99% possible to rewire the tps and not use the iacv valve will have a irract-ish idle but will run fine. my last evo rally car didnt run iacv valve... just gota give it some gas on cold mornings to start.. have just scored a complete bg5 wagon with blown motor for 300 aswell so will document the way to rewire and get it to run maybe evan make the iacv work

About 80-90% of the wires need to be swapped. You're better off going to a 3-plug STI ECU (3 of the 4 plugs will plug into the STI ECU) and then re-pin those 3-plugs to suit the newer, better ECU (+injectors, afm etc).

Otherwise you end up with a single turbo Legacy that is just as slow as the original TT one, possibly worse.