Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Brake pads for BL5 Legacy

Hi Guys,

Have been looking for some front brake pads for my 04 Legacy GT for ages (havent been putting much effort into it...)

Just looking for a good set of road pads with plenty of bite. Current factory discs are pretty warped, they have been machined once. Have a new set of factory discs in the garage to go on with the pads.

Thought I'd do a trip around the local shops first. Repco, total waste of time, don't have the car in their computer, too much effort to look up any books, "Is it a BH legacy" after giving details so many times... "You said it was a wagon aye", "No thats a BP chassis but if you have that in your system that will do...." they didn't find anything.

Supercheap is a waste of time.

BNT's have bendix. Would be interested in Ultimates but have no idea on price. BNT's only have the "General CT" model (plus they only have one set in the country..) in their system. They would have to ring someone next week when they are back from leave...

Factory pads seem a bit expensive and would rather go aftermarket.

What would you guys recommend and from where?

Until I hear back from BNT's next week I don't have many options.

thanks

GC8E2DD said:

Zillions of discussions on brake pads. Have a hunt with the search for brake specific threads. Only thing I will say about Bendix Ultimates is that they are good, but are super dusty. You will never have clean wheels again.

Oh yeh have used the search a lot. But there are no specific threads on BL/BP's at all. What I'm finding is that not a lot of companies seem to make aftermarket pads and discs for them. When I was looking for discs for the car they were all more expensive then Brembo After market discs. Some were quoting $800+ for a set of front slotted discs. Znoelli told me there just isn't a market for them. They are quite large at 316mm.

Everyone on here seems to recommend going to race brakes in Auckland. I can't find any other recommended suppliers to go to first. Is there anyone else? I'm not looking for 'Race pads' just something decent.

Bnt will be able to get you something decent.

i have gotten brembo disks from the for my old mans ford they worked great.

plan to get some for my honda.

and they do all ur pads that you would generally need.

-smurff

Hrm, I would have said factory replacement pads were cheaper than, say, Ultimates for instance. I'm pretty sure we got both discs and pads through Armstrong for a reasonable price - I could have a hunt for the invoice if you are interested, however the prices will be a couple of years old.

GC8E2DD said:

Hrm, I would have said factory replacement pads were cheaper than, say, Ultimates for instance. I'm pretty sure we got both discs and pads through Armstrong for a reasonable price - I could have a hunt for the invoice if you are interested, however the prices will be a couple of years old.

Subaru quoted $158 incl gst

Bnt bendix General ct $100 incl gst

GC8E2DD said:

Yeah, the Bendix catalogue lists General CTs under pads for people movers. I thought you said decent.

Yeah and I said bnt's only show generals in their system. They have to ring someone at head office to see if they can get heavy duty or ultimates next week when they are back from leave. So far the only option is factory pads. Hence why I'm asking in here because I can't find anything...

• 3 weeks later...