Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

***URGENT*** EJ25 non turbo cam belt marks,

nizmo

hi all, im tring to locate some good info on cam belt timing marks for a ej25, on each cam gear there is more than one mark, im trying to rectify a timing issue whitch consists of someone taking the belt off with out lining anything up, basicly i need to start from scrtch, someone help please??

Basically The double lines are on the bottom left and right cams, and the single notches are on the top left and right cam gears make sure all marks are lined up before you pull cam blet off, other wise the valves will not be in the Zero lift , and will strike each other and bend..

Koom said:

The double marks on the pulleys are to line the pulleys up together before you put the belt on. The single marks on the pulleys and crank pulley are to line up with the lines on the cambelt itself.

thanks, my belt soes not have lines on it like the gates belts do??

subaru-mania said:

Basically The double lines are on the bottom left and right cams, and the single notches are on the top left and right cam gears make sure all marks are lined up before you pull cam blet off, other wise the valves will not be in the Zero lift , and will strike each other and bend..

thanks unfortunatly the belt was pulled off whilly nilly, thats the problem i have, fixing someone elses mistake,

nizmo']

[quote name='Koom said:

The double marks on the pulleys are to line the pulleys up together before you put the belt on. The single marks on the pulleys and crank pulley are to line up with the lines on the cambelt itself.

/quote]

thanks, my belt soes not have lines on it like the gates belts do??

The factory ones have marks too. Might need to buy yourself a new belt if you can't find the original marks (even on 100k old belts you can usually find the marks if you look hard enough, whether or not you re-use that belt is something you must ask yourself), or find a pdf of the cambelt procedure and that shows the number of teeth between the marks so you can put the marks on yourself.

I'm not 100% sure about the 2.5 n/a but will assume its similar to the turbo's. You leave the bottom idler (on drivers side) off until after you have the belt on, then put the idler on, then pull the pin out of the tensioner. So I'm guessing you did how you're supposed to anyway. Good guess ;D