Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

SORTED BIG THANKS TO WGTN CREW Can anybody do me a favour? newlands area

gtlegacy

i have purchased a few cusco parts from a guy on trademe from a bg5

i have got everything except for the rear diff brace as the bolt has been rounded off and he cant remove and doesnt want to damage

anyone got a good way of getting this off without ruining the subframe or the diff brace?

or if anybody has a bg bd rear subframe lying around so the guy can jst cut the diff brace out and send to me to remove bolt

willing to pay for your time or if you have a subframe

please txt or ring me 0278637756 if you can help as not near computer much at the moment

yes its a dark blue one with ablown motor im pretty sure thats the 1 you mean been on trademe for $1 wrecking any help would be greatly appreciated just be careful as apprently its pretty hard to get access to the head of the bolt im told maybe weld onto the end of it nice and hold should loosen her up thats all we do at work

because he wants to use the subframe for his car and doesnt want to damage the subframe and i dnt want my brace damaged and the head of the bolt is surrounded by the diff brace so its hard to even get visegrips onto it that y i thought welding and getting some heat into it and build it up would work so you can get visegrips onto it and also the heat will get it out

XECUTA your not getting it thanks for the input but i cannot cut the bolt off because of 1 they wouldnt be able to get anything in close enough to do it and not damage the diff brace subframe or both and 2 he needs the subframe so a bolt stuck in it is no good

thanks everyone else for the input

bazza and boon they both sound like ideas worth giving a go

can anybody who lives close by be able to have a look at it for me and see if they can get it off willing to pay for your time if you cn do it

Bazza-NZ said:

Only thing that i can recommend is that our try using a 6 sided socket and a s*** load of CRC / Nut cracker etc and see if that makes a difference otherwise yeah you'll be pretty stuck.

6 sided socket on 1/2 in stong arm, poor bolt never stood a chance, well done Bazza-NZ