Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Central Locking Issue.

uwa8nc

Hey guy's off late my Subaru has needed alot of Jump starts,Just wondering since my central locking has been giving problem's,my mechanic told me it's draining out the battery.I just don't understand how though.

How much do you reckong it will cost to get it fixed?I also bought a Brand-new Battery but it's still draining it out.

I don't have an alarm installed yet,should i get an auto sparky to come do my alarm and tell him to sought the central-locking out?

Let me know what your thoughts are,Would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys :)

ok lets take a step back

what is the central locking doing that is a "problem" not locking all doors,unlocking by itself,locking by itself,clicking, ?????

when u disconnect and reconnect the battery can u hear any clicks ???

Oh and model of car would help

did the central locking problem go away right after the new battery was fitted?

did you have any electrical devices installed in the car recently?

can you explain what sort of problem the central locking was giving you?

LAZLO']

[quote name='LAZLO said:

get avs to do your alarm,

/quote]

How would this help ???

probably be better then whats in there now and maybe they will know the issue and how to avoid it or fix it

lol.. come on.. we like a challenge..

rather than washing a grain of sand with a hose.. ;)

rather than take your mechanics word maybe take it to an auto electrician. It could be so many things. as previous mentioned gives us some more details so we can narrow our guesses. maybe check your alternator if you havent already.

DRFVDR said:

ok lets take a step back

what is the central locking doing that is a "problem" not locking all doors,unlocking by itself,locking by itself,clicking, ?????

when u disconnect and reconnect the battery can u hear any clicks ???

Oh and model of car would help

The Central locking is locking all the door's with the remote on the key,except for the driver's door.I haven't disconnected the battery yet,is there a point doing that?

legacy666 said:

rather than take your mechanics word maybe take it to an auto electrician. It could be so many things. as previous mentioned gives us some more details so we can narrow our guesses. maybe check your alternator if you havent already.

So you reckon it's not the central locking then?But my driver's door still does not get locked when i lock it.But have realised when ever i start the car a couple of hour's later it take's a few crank's,and a step on the accelerator to get it going..It could be the alternator,would that cause the revs to drop suddenly below idle when the car is in neutral?or in park?

luvmaforzzy said:

have you checked the alternator, not chargen

How do i do that mate?a multi-meter right?what Voltage should i be getting when the car is running if my alternator is the problem?-I mean what does it normally read?

luvmaforzzy said:

start the car up and pull a battery lead off and if car dies its your alternator not chargen an doin its job.

Which lead though the + or the - .. Won't that damage the ECU somehow though?is that even good for the car when it's running?

never did anything to mine and I pulled the +, just a little trick Ive always been told growing up but if you would like to wait for somebody elses conclusion thats up to you, at the end of the day its just a suggestion and is your car ;) , I dont see how it can affect the ECU in my opinion because the alternator should still be ticken everything along powerwise.

Dv8er - FSTWRX said:

It's a long shot, but do you have a turbo timer? Heard of quite a few of these going bung and draining batteries, i've had this problem myself before.

No buddy,no turbo-timer.But one of the alarm guy's i took my car too today said that he can't put in an alarm unless the central-locking is completely fixed and working 100%,so i guess tomorow i have to take it to an auto-sparky,and see what the root of the problem is.Hope they don't charge me a whole heap!