Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

t3t4 on v3 sti wrx

hei im wanting to put a t3t4 on my sti as i got it with a vf8 inside a vf22 housing an it is not very respoinsive and with the t3t4 being cheaper than any cfs how hard are they to put on and will i have to change anything? also what is the performance of these like compared to a vf23 an if its not a great idea to put a t3t4 on any advice would be great about the best vf to install thanks heaps.

sti8u said:

i wouldnt use a t3t4.my mate has one on his subaru.rather get yourself a td05 td06 or even i vf23 for goor response.

my mate has a td06 on his v6 sti. takes waaaaaaayyyyy 2 long to spool, id say td05 or vf23

Definitely a laggy turbo. T3T4 are most suited to RB engines and will have to be twisted to fit meaning new downpipe, uppipe, water and oil lines.

And they are definitely cheaper as most of them are sh!t china turbos... A IHI subaru turbo will be best suited as it will be a straight in and out. As stated already VF23 or something similar for quick spool or TD05 or 6 or a VF22 for more top end

How much power you chasing ? What sort of drivability are you after ? If you want a streeter with ultimate response the VF23 is the turbo for you . . The VF22 has a larger intake compressor and has a bit less response but has slightly more top end . . . I run a VF23 and for a street car it is pure good . . . Dont get a t3 t4 . . . Have you stoped to think why a 2nd hand VF23 is more expensive than a brand new chinese t3 t4 ? Lol quality bro . IHI turbos are ace . . . Ive had a few of the cheap t3 t4s on various model cars and they are so lagy . . . Plus the oil seals suck soo bad they pretty much leak even when new just from poor quality . . . . .

Ninja 8) said:

Definitely a laggy turbo. T3T4 are most suited to RB engines and will have to be twisted to fit meaning new downpipe, uppipe, water and oil lines.

And they are definitely cheaper as most of them are sh!t china turbos... A IHI subaru turbo will be best suited as it will be a straight in and out. As stated already VF23 or something similar for quick spool or TD05 or 6 or a VF22 for more top end

Mine is oil colled only and its not much worse lag than a tdo5, if your going to upgrade get a gt3540 or similar,

A mate had 2 new t3t4 and both blew lol

It was on his suby and was latch

Altho he did 12.4 i think with it on stock ecu and fmic and exhaust

But cost a lot more as had to make custom up and down pipe and new lines

Get e vf23 or 22 if u want or for bit more grunt a td05 20g haha

If u got he dosh then a Garret - can't think of the name but funkytown on here has it

Gt3050 I think lol anyway I'm sure others know the one I meant

True I no I don't have a wrx but, I find the t3t4 all good aye. spoils on 4 1/2 thousand revs, can be tuned down to spoil earlier. you can always get a smaller exhust housing if your worried about lag. or even geting a bigger cold side for top end.

subaru-mania said:

^^ +1 , :) , who made your twisted setup + downpipe bro, Looks mint!

made by Mobile Heavy Exhausts, which i believe hes out of business now due to health. he does mostly commercial call out repairs, as he had a big mobile exhaust shop.

done an awesome job too.

Chinese turbos are cheap laggy pieces of crap...buy quality itl be cheaper in the long run..

Subis aint something you want to skimp on quality trust me , some of us here have spent ALOT of money getting good parts to make something decent beacuse of the reputation the crap stuff has.

thanks guys im either going to go with the vf22 or vf23 but im not made of money do any of yous have or know any one that has either in good condition for a fair price also do the twisted turbo setups make much of a difference if so how much diff?

VF23 is a nice all round turbo..nice response ... i dont think theres too much gain from twisted.a big oversized intake seems to work very well on mine.. some people say the oil seals leak on a twisted turbo with it tilting upwards??

twisted turbo is a fantastic upgrade on v1-2 with the design of the intake path being shit house factory. v3+ is a much better setup. with factory turbos the advantage isn't as good as when using big aftermarket turbos.

for reference, on the same dyno, i gained 10kw going from standard position v1 with vf30, to twisted vf23, at the same boost. so although the turbo now is smaller and more responsive, at the same boost i gained power from just freeing up the intake path. therefore the twisted setup is obviously quite a good upgrade.

You cant really compare that though as you changed turbos . . . . The only true way to compare would be every thing the same and only thing changed is turbo position. . . . IMO the vf23 is better than a vf30 any way and would probably make more power any way