Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

hesitating when full boost AGAIN

G-unit

so ive changed plugs with new 1s,shop done them,replaced coil packs,removed boost tap and running 8psi stock and all was good never played up,and went 4 a drive 2day in 4th full psi then slight jerking starts again only in the top gears tho

what could it be? plugs only done 1 month ago maybe 2

8psi also sucks when others stock with a tap running 10-12 sweet as

cant really check afm ay? anyway of knowing?

shouldnt be any leaks but god where do u start that many hoses on these cars

possible leak where stock bov hole has been taped over i guess, ill re do that 2moro

zarnah said:

Do a ecu code check

mine did (does) the same thing. i checked the ECU and didn't show any codes for me

i too have this problem but only in 5th gear, around the 3000RPM mark when doing 100km or so. i just assuming it was because the boost solenoid wasn't being used (plumbed) and it was affecting the way the actuator was working (creeping etc)

so maybe i guessed wrong,

BC5RA said:

Check for exhaust manifold leaks.

Two main area's,

1/ Up pipe

2/ Crossover pipe flexi joint

Check these for cracks and re tighten.

now u say that i can smell rich fumes when driving, was looking at up pipe on hoist and there was no black smokey marks or anything,

whats the crossover pipe look like?

am guna tighten all hoses 2day tho

G-Unit - does yours only do it during full boost? or does it do it just before going onto boost?

mine only does the jerkiness just before the turbo start producing positive pressure if i put my foot down slightly it goes into boost and i don't get any jerkiness at all

loren said:

detonation.

How do you qualify that?

Try a different AFM and reset, or buy some AFM cleaner and give the AFM a spray.

Cross over pipe is the straight middle pipe of your manifold. Between the Passenger and drivers collectors, theres 4 bolts in total and you'll need to remove heatsheilding to get to them.

But really it could be many things, When did you replace your fuel filter?

when I had the hesitating BS happening it turned out to be my knock sensor tarding the timing or something like that which then stuffed my coils. I dunno if that sounds right but I got the info from someone off here on the old forum and it went good after a new sensor and 2nd hand coils...

Bazza-NZ said:

G-Unit - does yours only do it during full boost? or does it do it just before going onto boost?

mine only does the jerkiness just before the turbo start producing positive pressure if i put my foot down slightly it goes into boost and i don't get any jerkiness at all

na only does it when full boost and foot flat

fuel flter hasnt been done since ive had it, they seem easy 2 do a, does repco/supercheap sell them?

went 2 do a ecu check but could only find 1 large black plug and small yellow 1s unpluged,what a mess of wires under there as the sparky put my crossovers under there instead of back in the doors

AFM for cthese are cheap on trade me so myt try that 2

what 2 do 1st?

Fuel filter available from Repco, about $30-$40.

Try a AFM off a mate or just buy one 2nd hand.

From what i can remember your not running very high boost are you?

If your running anything abour 14psi your OE coils won't support that level of boost.

Many RS owners replace the coils with Bosch ones and remark that Full boost miss disappears.

dont think it would be a vacuum leak, vacuum leak usually makes the engine hesitate BEFORE you get spool, rather than during full boost (a vacuum leak acts pretty much like a bleed type boost controller)

try fuel filter, but yeah afm prob your best bet and they dont cost much 2nd hand for a replacement, pikapart is your friend