Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Looking to buy 2003 BP legacy - some questions

the 06 Legacy in Blue is an Sti !

they came with brembo's , leather / aclanta seats with red stitching , 18" alloys and a few other bits but were DEF an STi

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GorGasmSpecB said:

That blue one is also a home made STI, its a pre-facelift with S402 look a like bolt ons.

I think this blue one is a model called "Tuned by STi" which was a limited release genuine STi but with only moderate STi upgrades? A similar "Tuned by STi" was released in Australia using the facelift Legacy. And the S402 is the ultimate full-on STi release with extensive mods and the last STi in the BP model.

Would that be correct?

mitSUBishi-guy']

[quote name='GorGasmSpecB said:

That blue one is also a home made STI, its a pre-facelift with S402 look a like bolt ons.

/quote]

I think this blue one is a model called "Tuned by STi" which was a limited release genuine STi but with only moderate STi upgrades? A similar "Tuned by STi" was released in Australia using the facelift Legacy. And the S402 is the ultimate full-on STi release with extensive mods and the last STi in the BP model.

Would that be correct?

indeed that is correct

And S402 is the Ultimate

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my 2000 BH5 5spd TT back in 2005 and all its just having its big birthday this week!!!! I was the first NZ owner and it was a fresh import with 70k on the clock, now its got 146k. up till now it has cost me;

New Battery (changed this year)

New Alternator

Disc's skimmed

Pads

Airflow meter

Low Idle sensor (borrowed off a wrecked STI WRX engine)

So all in all not bad going for 6 years of driving!! towards the end of last year the wear n tear things started showing up! First the centre diff started binding really bad after medium to long trips, turning into a car park felt like the front wanted to rip itself off!! not nice at all!. The clutch was getting a little shuddery when letting off, esp when cold. and Ive had a engine light come on (which had turned out to be the knock sensor) and the car could only go about 40kph max until it decided to start to go!! (really interesting when pulling out onto busy roads !!) so that got a lil dangerous in the end and its been getting fixed this week. So this is what ive got done.

New Exedy Sports Tuff heavy duty clutch kit

New Flywheel (old one was buckled??)

2nd Reco'd gearbox, from a 2000 Legacy 40k old

(turns out I did leave the Centre diff issue to long and the centre diff was not repairable. They tell me that the gearbox and centre diff are joined so cheapest option was to replace the gearbox. The old gearbox changed gear sweet, and felt good it was only the binding i was having an issue with. So i have a good gearbox with a bad centre diff for sale if anyone is interested :) )

Replace knock Sensor

Skim Discs / replace pads

Reset ECU

Total Bill inc gst and fitted $2250.00

Well I thought id just show ya that they can be reliable, but they all need a birthday at some stage. Its been an awesome car so i didnt mind spending the money on it and its worth more to me than what i could sell it for (even though it cost me 19K when i first got).

got my 05 wrc limited edition gt manual, related to the gas consumption, went to tauranga, taupo, and back got 670kms on 1 full tank of 95, around 120$ to fill up. with eco button on, my average was 12.3l100ks doing 100-110kms/hour so around 8.2L/100kms.Cheers!