• Raised $0.00

Boosting problems please help

paroxysm

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will put $50 on that its not a turbo making it run like crap

All ya doing is lowering the boost and relieving load on the plugs, so to you it appears that what you are doing is fixing the issue

plugs / coils and leads if fitted are def suspects

Does the engine idle smooth? if so the engine mechanicals are 99% gauranteed to be sweet

idles fine. Does stall very occasionally when im going real fast and then stop but hardly does it anymore due to proper fitting of the bov.

OK well i guess ill return to normal boost 4 now and change the plugs and coil

On the end of the arm the part that connects to the turbo gate flap thing is ajustable. Its screws on and off

etha you have your boost solendiod hoses hooked up incorrectly or your in limp mode.

make sure the hose are all runing to the coorect destination.just up a pic of your engine bay and we might be able to find something that isnt right.

use image shack to up load pics.use the link that says forum code copy paste on to the cs forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Changed the spark plugs. Need to do some testing to see how it runs on boost but at 8psi its running well untill 4000rpm and then it lags untill 5000rpm.

Feels like it hits a power band at 5000 and starts flying

Ichi Ban said:

seems more like an ignition issue

the more load (ie boost) = higher load on plugs/leads/coils etc

I'd be looking at the basics first

Dated -a month ago !

why do some guys never take advice?

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='Ichi Ban said:

/quote]

Dated -a month ago !

Because they dont want to hear that it will cost money to fix :) what they want is "oh yeah u replace this $1 hose and u will be sweet" not that u need to take it to a Workshop and have some one with more knowledge fault find and fix it for you as this may cost a few hundred :) I get it all the time and i work for our own company :)

DRFVDR']

/quote]

Dated -a month ago !

Because they dont want to hear that it will cost money to fix :) what they want is "oh yeah u replace this $1 hose and u will be sweet" not that u need to take it to a Workshop and have some one with more knowledge fault find and fix it for you as this may cost a few hundred :) I get it all the time and i work for our own company :)

I took it to a workshop to try find out the exact problem. Wanted to charge me hundreds for the solinoid valve and to "replace my blower valve"

Ichi Ban']

/quote]

Dated -a month ago !

Been busy with uni mate. Havnt done anything but what you said really. Changed plugs, coils looked sweet but probly arnt haha