Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

12.7 sec wrx v7

xecuta']

[quote name='Stoffa said:

Im looking at the Speedsource article now, it doesn't say its stock at all, in the tuning menu it says "factory twin-scroll STI turbo, custom Speed Source/Motorsport Engineering compressor wheel/turbine"

/quote]

wasnt major work on the turbo but combined with cams,race fuel,nos and slicks its not that hard to get the dyno numbers i think he had 311kw atw 270kw without nos

my old rex GC8 had 182kw ran a 12.2 road tyres and a vf23 the RA gearbox did magic

far out you must be raping your car!

my old RA had just under 220kw fastest i ever did at Laws Road was 12.7sec, my car wasnt standard too.. the RA gearbox was the most annoying ever have to got 5th cause the 4th was redlining already.. the Coupe i got Dyno at just over 200kw and i never ever get to see 12sec, fastest was 13.1sec

oh really? something must be wrong bro what trap speed were you doing and whats your 60' times cuz back in the day i had a old school rs had a standered v3 motor and box 3" exhaust and a group N chip that was in the low 12s as well all at meremere nothing flash ether about 1.7 60' and about 175km/h trap

even tho the ra box had to go into 5th it cut my time down by almost half a sec but now that i got more power i cross the line as i hit redline in 5th thats at 216km tho

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dont know? i guess Laws road gets slower times then other places? i know that everyone gets good times at Masterton Dragways... wanting to give it a go next time is on...

race season is getting close i think? would get give it another go after car gets reflashed

175kph trap is about 200kw atw so is understandable for a 12. low 12 would be raping it. 1.7 60ft is a good but not over the top, you would have made your time up nailing 2nd and 3rd.

in comparison, when i was 200kw hitting 175kph traps, with 1.7 60ft, i was losing a bit through 2nd and 3rd with respect for my gearbox, getting 13.1's

i've also had 240kw hitting 180kph, also at 13.1, 1.8 60ft losing a lot through 2nd because the turbo was too big running low boost and hard to drive (small power band, bog down easy)

trap speed is an indication of the car. ET is an indication of how it was driven, and how strong the clutch and drivetrain are

theres not much damage to the box i can flat shift very easy so theres no loss at all in between the changes + u get a bit of a kick once u drop the clutch cuz of revving up but i had that 1 box for more then 2 years racing non stop just had to change the oil from time to time at the end the reverse gave out

and at 240kw i did a 11.7 and that was on a new set up that i wasnt used 2 much and with out flat shifting

RIPEVO (Bruce of Mag n Turbo has a s13 driftcar etc) used to run mid 11's back in the day with 240kw Type R..

I was hoping to do mid-high 11's in my coupe when i had it but never got the chance.

Semi slicks on his car and 240kw with some decent driving

nt_a_foz said:

RIPEVO (Bruce of Mag n Turbo has a s13 driftcar etc) used to run mid 11's back in the day with 240kw Type R..

I was hoping to do mid-high 11's in my coupe when i had it but never got the chance.

+1..mostly the driving part and basically dont hesistate to give it sh!t. & loose as much weight both driver and car

nt_a_foz said:

i remember his pb was 11.2 with 300kw... are you sure about that

sultan']

[quote name='nt_a_foz said:

/quote]

i remember his pb was 11.2 with 300kw... are you sure about that

yes im sure....it run an 11.6 with 240kw...Dtech built his car and my car and we were planning on taking it down and this is what Dave told me.

Your right his PB once he upped the power was 11.2 though.

R8TD_R said:

theres not much damage to the box i can flat shift very easy so theres no loss at all in between the changes + u get a bit of a kick once u drop the clutch cuz of revving up but i had that 1 box for more then 2 years racing non stop just had to change the oil from time to time at the end the reverse gave out

and at 240kw i did a 11.7 and that was on a new set up that i wasnt used 2 much and with out flat shifting

mate ur a legend!!!!!!

12.2 at 182KW@W is bloody great..

lol tbh i didnt think that was possible even in a wrx...

hats off to u bro..

my mate had a 175kw@w wrx and managed a 13.2 best after much trying and blew his clutch while at it lol

and i only managed 13.1 with 230@w hahaha

\

u must be light years ahead in driving down the strip..

pappu']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

/quote]

mate ur a legend!!!!!!

hats off to u bro..

my mate had a 175kw@w wrx and managed a 13.2 best after much trying and blew his clutch while at it lol

\

yeah it takes getting use to when your down a 1/4 mile. especially paying attention to those lights and launching!! i had no idea how many wkw old gf8 would have had guess round 160-170wkw and managed a 12.9 max at like 170ish kph. and yeah weight etc and just give the box a whole load of gear banging!! :o

Ninja 8)']

/quote]

mate ur a legend!!!!!!

hats off to u bro..

\

yeah it takes getting use to when your down a 1/4 mile. especially paying attention to those lights and launching!! i had no idea how many wkw old gf8 would have had guess round 160-170wkw and managed a 12.9 max at like 170ish kph. and yeah weight etc and just give the box a whole load of gear banging!! :o

and a whole lot of no interior ;) lol.

Semis would have solved my problem but ohwell another day, did what I wanted to do lol

pappu']

/quote]

mate ur a legend!!!!!!

hats off to u bro..

\

its not that hard i had heaps of practice back in the days on the road used to drag 4 days a weeks ahhhh the good old days

R8TD_R']

[quote name='xecuta said:

is this on the time slip? or rsm? 240kw@11sec is fast! wrx or evo?

/quote]

nah this is at meremere with a time slip, am at 11.0 now should be 10s this summer

Its funny how much more power you need to go 0. somthing of a second faster when your already going prety fast. to go from say 11.8 down to a 10 sec pass = ALOT more power not like going from a 13 to a 12 for example >:(

12.2 with 180wkw is majic tho would of luved to see a dyno run then stright onto the strip lol. But yeah alot of other factors come into it as stated, weight, driving, rubber etc

How many wkw to do a flat 11 now?? vs 180 doiung 12.2.

WRXER said:

I couldn't do it with 236kw atw, but like thats been said before there is alot of factors.

250kw atw did me an 11. Ninja ment to ask u got that vid on your camera or lappy?

That was a punchey 250 aswell not aome lazy T4 250kw lol. I agree I would have been strugling to get into the 11s with 236kw in a street trim car but yeah all sorts of storys exist but youl never know without FULL details etc

Ninja 8) said:

i never got the video of u doing 11s..it was too late at night and camera couldnt even see the cars as soon as they get off the line (theres lighting at the start line)..

arggg I though you got it :(. Rats did any of the other boys have cameras?

marc']

[quote name='xecuta said:

is this on the time slip? or rsm? 240kw@11sec is fast! wrx or evo?

/quote]

nah this is at meremere with a time slip, am at 11.0 now should be 10s this summer

Its funny how much more power you need to go 0. somthing of a second faster when your already going prety fast. to go from say 11.8 down to a 10 sec pass = ALOT more power not like going from a 13 to a 12 for example >:(

12.2 with 180wkw is majic tho would of luved to see a dyno run then stright onto the strip lol. But yeah alot of other factors come into it as stated, weight, driving, rubber etc

How many wkw to do a flat 11 now?? vs 180 doiung 12.2.

240kw gave me 11.7 and now at 425kw did 11.0 but was a shit run toooooo much wheel spin as soon as i try to slip the clutch the tyres lite up

heres a video of the 11.0 i was racing i think the e&h mirage hes just over 350kw and did a 11.1 that run but sooo amazing what slicks can do see how far he got off the line but still cough him before the end line.

if i had his wheels this would have been a mid to low 10 run, you can even hear wheel spin when i hit 3rd

ill have a watch now, I when I raced him he was 275wkw and did an 11.5. Good to see hes going faster lol. Yep thats what I say rubber is good...but thats when things brake why I was not so eager to try them lol. Gutted I didnt now but ohwell. Will be interesting to see what yours does when it gets some on it. When you next hitting the strip? Might be there to do 10s.... but not on 4 wheels this time :P