• Raised $0.00

12.7 sec wrx v7

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

xecuta said:

havent seen much rex's doing 10s... will get good to see it. keep us updated

so far the 1s i know of that are road driving is kent with a 10.9 skremr with a 10.8 a yellow type r with a 10.8 and iv heard of a legacy in chch doing 10.22

WRXER']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

hay are you still in chch or are up here in auck?

/quote]

Technically in chch at the mo for holiday lol, but I live in aux permanent now ;).

are you gonna bring your car up to aux so you can show it off Bro

R8TD_R']

[quote name='xecuta said:

havent seen much rex's doing 10s... will get good to see it. keep us updated

/quote]

so far the 1s i know of that are road driving is kent with a 10.9 skremr with a 10.8 a yellow type r with a 10.8 and iv heard of a legacy in chch doing 10.22

I have the yellow Type R's box from puke lol. Yeah cars on its way to a new home tho :(

So whats the best way of starting the quarter mile then if you don't want to break parts on the car, but also to not look stupid. I am taking mine to the next meremere meet, and I don't want to break the thing considering i just spent thousands on it?

I was thining of reving to 4.5k and just dropping the clutch from there, but maybe thats a bad idea. Car has 210kwatw and weights 1180 kg but std week 5 speed ra box.

ballsrburning said:

So whats the best way of starting the quarter mile then if you don't want to break parts on the car, but also to not look stupid. I am taking mine to the next meremere meet, and I don't want to break the thing considering i just spent thousands on it?

I was thining of reving to 4.5k and just dropping the clutch from there, but maybe thats a bad idea. Car has 210kwatw and weights 1180 kg but std week 5 speed ra box.

a quick quarter mile time is made from the first two shifts. every .1 of a second off your 60ft time is .2 of a second you will shave off your ET. the second gear shift is also crucial as by the time you have the momentum going through 3-4-5 the time wasted with a slower shift, you're still moving pretty fast

this means 1st and 2nd really need to take a hammering to do well. this is quite a brutal task on a 4wd, especially with grippy tyres. i think the best way to go to the drag strip is probably just to have fun, and if you break something, hey you can always fix it. if you go with the intent of trying to baby the car, you won't do well or have fun, and probably will end up stressing the car even more.

the launch rpm really depends on where the car makes its power. i think 4.5k is a bit to low, as the car will probably end up bogging down which will be slow. you want to launch at an rpm that when the engine speed has caught up to the tyre speed, you're in peak torque rpm, which will probably be 4.5k. which would mean 5.5-6k launch. clutch release is very important, you can try dumping it which will promote lots of wheelspin which is probably easier on the drivetrain, but the fastest way is to sort of slip the clutch out (ride it) which is brutal on the clutch but will keep you in the power with also having max grip off the line

experiment when you're there

ballsrburning said:

I did over 50 launches at Meremere on my Type R Gearbox (which would be the same as the RA iirc) 30 of those with anitlag cracking away with zero issues.

I did a 12.7 on low boost (170WKW) which i couldn't repeat on high boost (198wkw) then switched back to low boost and backed it up with another 12.7, go figure. All of my 12s came from racing Version8 (oldies will remember) as i seemed to push harder when racing a mate. Best 60ft of 1.6 on T1Rs on 18in rims. Street tire pressure. Unless your running massive power the 1/4 time is made in the first 2 shifts as sultan said above. The rest is just a cruise really.

Worst thing with the shorter gearbox is hitting limiter in 4th about 50m from the finish line. Change into fifth and it bogs down even iwth a flatchange and anitlag. Peice of shit for drag racing.

The timer starts from when you cross the lights, not when they go green, but in heads up its still the first person to cross the line. Ie a 12s could loose to a 14 if you dick around on the lights. Shallow stage if you can, means your carrying slightly more speed when you do cross the lights.

Thumbs up to turtle for explaining it :P

Youd be surprised how much a set of light wide rims and/or semi slicks will shave off a time.

Drivelines and gearboxes will get chewed thru having a 4wd/awd system which is unfortunate.

As for launch control and anti lag. My problem is finding the right rpm to release at (without putting too much strain on other parts) as to 'break' tire traction in a 4wd.

My guess its not enough power output :P

johnny5']

[quote name='R8TD_R said:

hay are you still in chch or are up here in auck?

/quote]

Technically in chch at the mo for holiday lol, but I live in aux permanent now ;).

are you gonna bring your car up to aux so you can show it off Bro

Not quite yet, want to find out where Im based in Aux before bringing the wrx up. Contract for me technically ends in aux end of July, however the company says it wants to keep me up there. So wait and see, also going to get my mechanic to finish off my build down here. He has spent a ton of hours on my car, and would like to keep the buisness with him as he has always given me a good deal. Once thats all done, it will be shipped up lol as currently it's nothing too exciting to show off apart from a rollcage haha

Although Im having to relocate it, been stored in my olds garage however their house is going to be demolished so they need the garage to store their stuff. If I can't find somewhere to store it, I have to figure out in the next week a company to transport it up for me.

Sweet mate, there is a lil local meet happening 2moro if u wanna come? Few of the guys heading out for a cruise, I'll be just coming along to the meet as it is round the corner and my wrx is far from road legal currently.