Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

which turbo setup should I go for?

Hi guys, contemplating changing turbo setup on my 97 BG5 TT wagon, was thinking perhaps VF25 & VF27, direct bolt up, or go a step further and do a VF23 & VF24 setup (how hard do you guys think this would be? Direct bolt up or would it require more?) And of course the mandatory ECU remap.

I'd be keen to know what you all think.

Jonno.

BG5 C I think, how can you tell the difference? It currently runs VF18 & VF19. I was thinking that the 23 & 24 combo but be a bit of a stretch. I'm just after something simple to do for the meantime, until the big end goes, I give it a couple years, then I might look at going to a single setup, ultimately this is what I'd like to do, but I've heard it is quite hard and expensive.

Well the VF 25 & VF 27 combo is looking like a good bet at the moment.

The TT setup won't run 2x VF 22's in parallel, doesn't create enough boost, I've already looked into it, you may as well go to a single VF22 setup.

JDMGTB said:

BG5 C I think....The TT setup won't run 2x VF 22's in parallel, doesn't create enough boost, I've already looked into it, you may as well go to a single VF22 setup.

if this is true and your bg5c then dont sink $$$$ into twin when single is a stones throw away. imo

im guessing you've read this?

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,74.0.html

johnny5 said:

Change the motor out for an sti and be done with it Dude might be easier and cheaper in the long run but if you can make the system run with what you want go for it

true if you slap some bigger turbos onto your standard engine your 2 year estimate will greatly decrease :D

You will have some pretty decent lag running two large single turbos, not to mention killing the motor pretty quick in the process. vf26/vf26 combo is considered the best for outright power.

wow I hadn't seen that single turbo setup thread, that was amazing, and the end result, so clean, what a clean engine bay, I need that guy to help me! I'm convinced of single turbo setup now, cos by the time I mess around and install 2 newer turbos, quite a lot of work I might add, I may as well go 1 set further and do the whole hog. Hhhmmmm, now to find 3g.

i would check your model code on your vin plate before you go 100% into it . i have a bg5a and there's either alot more wiring time involved or about another $1000 if you get a auto sparkie to do it .

shouldn't cost 3k unless your buying a shortie to

but single turbo setup is what they should have put in there the first time . looks sick!

okay, only question to ask now is, what turbo would you go for when doing the single turbo convert? VF22? VF34? Any others?

What do you think it'd cost to get the same job done as on the how to thread? I'm not gonna pay a sparkie to do it, wanna do it myself, that way I know it's done right, I'm quite fastidious when it comes to that type of thing, think I could match the pics in his thread.

How much power you think you could get? 250kw-300?

i run the v4 ecu with a tdo5 (16g) my dyno plots on page 2

http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,20103.0.html

on a standard ecu this is about the norm i think..... but as proven on here you can get 220kw on a standard ecu ( dont ask me how f*** knows )

if you run a link you may get more around 220ish kw's is the norm tho as injectors and the rest of the fuel system start raising there head :D

vf 22,23 seam to be a fav around here but my td set me back $150 so im not complaining .