Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

speedo questions

so last night my ver3 mechanical speedo was working sweet . this morning it was too but i noticed once on the motor way it stopped working . and on decell it is shooting big Asss blue flames ? ? check engine light comes on after driving for a while Im guessing when ecu notices theres no speed signal . when you stop it goes out . when check engine is on there's no flame . only when off . . i know its either the drive has stripped its undys or my cable snapped or it came out of gauge cluster . . but why the flames ? also it idles very low and throttle response seems crappy . does the ecu rely on speed sensor for more than just speed cut ?

Lean burning for some reason, CEL code should reveal, I dont think the speed sensor plays a part in the engine management, except for the speed cut.

could be electrical wiring issue.

Wires for engine management and speedo pass together under the TMIC. Have found frayed wires there in the past due to rubbing on various areas, or being crushed after others have carried out work in this area and not taking the time to ensure cables are secure before refitting intercooler. Good luck!

Nah no top mount bro . no damaged wiring . its definitely not lean . its rich ! it goes bang bang bang bang bang bang on decell shooting nice flames lol. Im pretty sure its raw fuel igniting off hot exhaust . i know my old ver2 ran like Shit with no speed signal either so it must use it for more than just speed cut

kingpins v3 sti broke his speedo cable not long ago and he had a rough running car

he fitted a new cable and things got better

anyway thats what i gathered in summry

check ut speedo cable anyway bro - could be broken

too much power breaking speed cable is my diagnosis ;)

yeah. just tested speedo cable . removed the clip to separate the 2 cables and spun anti clock wise and speedo worked . removed the little short cable an what do ya know she snapped . so any one in Auckland got a speedo cable i can grab hate driving it with cel and poor running will put a wtb thread up now

WRXONP said:

yeah. just tested speedo cable . removed the clip to separate the 2 cables and spun anti clock wise and speedo worked . removed the little short cable an what do ya know she snapped . so any one in Auckland got a speedo cable i can grab hate driving it with cel and poor running will put a wtb thread up now

ask kingpin - i think he got his one cheap from someone

may have more

WRXONP said:

pick a part.get one off almost any manual box.(ten bucks plus two for entry)

So the computer DOES look at the speedo.The things we learn!! thats life A ?? Always learning!!