Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

strange occurance in my sti ??

hey guys . i bought a v5 sti over the weekend bit of a project not to major tho i was just piecing it together when i notice on my r.h.s head(looking from front) an oil feed line and water pipes all blanked off .

GTB heads i wonder? better flow from what i hear? and ideas people he did say it had a rebuild no receipts tho but now just hoping a gtb motor haznt just been slipped in and sti parts and manifolds strapped on. looking for any tell tale signs plz help .

also have turned it on a couple of times wif no afm and after two second it knocks twice then goes away also questioning aftermarket pistons maybe plz help haha feel like a noob but i wanna learn

Ummmm

Knocks when you start it and goes away when oil light turns off? = bearings

But id say that you have a GTB powered Sti .... not so cool, it might even have std pistons

You would have to drill the return etc so not easy to do! id say complete GTB/RSK motorv :(. These tactics or wrx non sti are very common from the encounters ive had over the past. Just had another one last week and was a mint low kms std car with a "rebuild"!!

rex-leggy said:

is it blanked off all getto style?

ichi do all subaru heads come with the option for water and oil feeds in the castings?

or did the twin turbo heads get modified for that reason?

ghetto style hard like just a normal bolt thru the full copper oil feed line and bolts down water

marc said:

You would have to drill the return etc so not easy to do! id say complete GTB/RSK motorv :(. These tactics or wrx non sti are very common from the encounters ive had over the past. Just had another one last week and was a mint low kms std car with a "rebuild"!!

came with sti inlet ,vf28 all looks sti like full interior pedals short shift alloy bonnet etc just hori twin turb removal just guna buy sti block and internals and keep gtb heads any suggestions?

mr.fix.it said:

when i get it running ill be able to tell bearings right is that the only thing itl be

Could just be piston slap if it's only doing it when it's cold. They are pretty common on the gtb motors for them to warp the blocks a little bit and the pistons move around a bit before good oil pressure is built up.

JSTUW8']

[quote name='mr.fix.it said:

when i get it running ill be able to tell bearings right is that the only thing itl be

/quote]

Could just be piston slap if it's only doing it when it's cold. They are pretty common on the gtb motors for them to warp the blocks a little bit and the pistons move around a bit before good oil pressure is built up.

My car when cold. Piston slap central.

Timmah']

/quote]

yet again more hope is that an sti??

mr.fix.it']

/quote]

yet again more hope is that an sti??

Nah it's a stock standard EJ20G. Drives like pooes when cold, so I take it easy. Once it's warmed up things are fine.

I just take it easy when cold (like you should do) and in return I'm blessed by no mechanical problems *Touch wood*

mr.fix.it said:

well lets hope shell drive long enough wifout the slap to build my forged block haha mite get started this w/e i think

As long as you drive nicely when cold, I believe you'll be all good until your new block is ready.

If not, well pooes.

Timmah']

well lets hope shell drive long enough wifout the slap to build my forged block haha mite get started this w/e i think

/quote]

As long as you drive nicely when cold, I believe you'll be all good until your new block is ready.

If not, well pooes.

does it take a good hideng when warm tho?

WRXONP said:

got metal headgaskets hanging out? thats how to tell if its been farked with.. if its normal headgasket and twin turb heads then thats a twin turb motor LOL

my wrx went hard with a WRX motor LOL

Depends on what MY it is , later GTB's (with PH2 blocks) had steel gaskets - so thats no way to tell

WRXONP said:

got metal headgaskets hanging out? thats how to tell if its been farked with.. if its normal headgasket and twin turb heads then thats a twin turb motor LOL

cheers will check dat in the light its in the cold wet tonight cus its pissn me off lol

Ichi Ban']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]

Depends on what MY it is , later GTB's (with PH2 blocks) had steel gaskets - so thats no way to tell

\

thanx ill keep that in mind

gtb heads good enough to bolt to a rebuilt(forged) v5sti motor

if it has to be it has to be