Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

radiator stop leak?

G-unit

when in getting my radiator re-crimped the guy said if i wanted i could just add some stop leak, said it works well on small holes/leaks, car hadnt leaked since i redone radiator untill 2day i checked it and was 1 drop of water/antifreeze unsure, i checked under the car where radiator sits in chassis and its dry etc so was thinking of putting some stop leak in just incase its leaking again, even tho we pressure tested the rad and it was fine, just dont wana take it all out again and it be nothing

anyone used it with success?

rex-leggy said:

it still overheated but only after a long drive :D

some people wont agree with it but i hear that some workshops even use them as preventative maintenance.

thats cheaper then a headgasket tho

yea thats what im guna use it for, done it with the oil in my old car 2, oil stop leak

the guy at muffler and radiator shop in town said 2 use it and it works so ill try it, just wanted 2 know some1 on here thats used it

mine is fixed, the radiator has been out twice, no leaks and that small nipple thing on the bottom has been replaced, pressure checked etc, just wana add this as a safe guard so i dont have 2 take it out a 3rd time, and i duna where the 1 drip came from, have had a container under the car 2day, noting in it, im just paranoid as my wife says

G-unit said:

when in getting my radiator re-crimped the guy said if i wanted i could just add some stop leak, said it works well on small holes/leaks, car hadnt leaked since i redone radiator untill 2day i checked it and was 1 drop of water/antifreeze unsure, i checked under the car where radiator sits in chassis and its dry etc so was thinking of putting some stop leak in just incase its leaking again, even tho we pressure tested the rad and it was fine, just dont wana take it all out again and it be nothing

anyone used it with success?

think you have to put it into the actual radiator though dont you? not the top tank....... maybe?

sure the 1 lonesome drip didnt come from somewhere else?

i personally wouldnt run that stop leak shit... imagine what it does to the water pump

i reckon just suss it out and see if you have a leak..

if you pressure tested it and it had no leaks then u have no leaks LOL

yea im just paranoid now, ill have a look after, its been siting in the shed since tuesday when i redone rad with no drips, then took it out lastnyt for small drive then hello stupid drip at the front under the car, ill get it sused out

G-unit said:

it flows from the top tank and finds any holes, and its like putting water in the top tank,its going into the rad anyway, theres no other way that i know of how 2 fill a subaru radiator

lol yeah i realize that pretty sure there is a warning on the side of bottle/stick that it shouldnt be put into the top tank. which ive always wondered how the hell do they expect us to put it in then... hmm

yea and it doesnt, weird a, had it on a hoist, fixed that small valve on the bottom, re-crimped the sides on as he thort was leaking there, then checked it and sweet, paranoid much haha i just like my cars not 2 leak anything so anything under the car is probly from the car, ill sus it

Yeah it basically puts cement through the coolant lines and when it gets to air it sets blocking the hole. Problem is, residual cement will just build up in turbos because the lines are much smaller than your radiator outlets. That's why I'll not use a second time. Sure you save a bit of money in not replacing buggered hoses and clamps or a radiator, but I ended up spending a bit more on a new turbo setup

got a chance 2nyt to get under the car, drivers side underneath has green antifreeze then it drips on the wire loom, so i duno as the rad was pressure checked and i was there when he did it, no bubbles when it was done, the clamps seem tight and i cant see where its coming from, no runs down the side tank, stumped