Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

GTR problem

toad

Another thing is it may be running the older style of Link G4 boost control called open loop.

This basicly gives the boost soliniod a duty cycle basied on the RPM, but on the road and in the higher gears it can over boost.

The closed loop boost control is in the latest firmware ( and has been since about november last year) this would fix the issue once its dyno tuned to suit.

That wastegate is too small. i would be fitting atleast a 50mm, or look at running duel 38s

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i remember right the guy that had gun city bought a GTR years ago cause his son had one that went hard....

There was an article in NZ performance Car on the fathers one...

If i remember right it had some really hot parts in it and was doin some pretty big numbers..

Will go look in the NZPC archives in the back room and see if i can find the mag..

vorigan']

[quote name='toad said:

thats correct ;D but that would mean signing up to one and then i wouldnt get funny comments like urs ;D

/quote]

cant equal that intelligence ::) and the answers your after have been given more than once so run along and play with the other kids

+1 Well said.....enough is enough....Question answered for the nismo enthusiast

madmike said:

If i remember right the guy that had gun city bought a GTR years ago cause his son had one that went hard....

There was an article in NZ performance Car on the fathers one...

If i remember right it had some really hot parts in it and was doin some pretty big numbers..

Will go look in the NZPC archives in the back room and see if i can find the mag..

The family that owns Gun City have like 10+ GTRs, they often import them and flick them off on TM.

Favourite job I saw on one of the gun city cars was "hmm, it's going a bit lean, needs a bigger fuel pump. OR we could just cable tie this spare 25t fuel pump lying over here to the pump cradle... and use this brass T piece to feed into the fuel line... Yeah that'll be fine". If it works it works I guess.

I used to live not far from their place, sometimes you could hear the sweet sounds of a very angry skyline getting opened up for a veeeeery long time - lots of long straight roads north of chch :D

My only suggestion would be if your friend can afford a GTR, especially a reasonably modified one from Gun City (who aren't known for cheap GTRs) then they surely can afford to look after it. Take it to a reliable tuner and get them to check it out properly and then put it on a dyno to check everything thoroughly.

And if they can't afford to do that, they should sell the car before something expensive happens to it and its left as a rather heavy paperweight.

Munkvy said:

My only suggestion would be if your friend can afford a GTR, especially a reasonably modified one from Gun City (who aren't known for cheap GTRs) then they surely can afford to look after it. Take it to a reliable tuner and get them to check it out properly and then put it on a dyno to check everything thoroughly.

And if they can't afford to do that, they should sell the car before something expensive happens to it and its left as a rather heavy paperweight.

This could be said about half of the performance car owners, (and even some owners on here)

Munkvy said:

Yeah but you try rebuilding an RB26 and see how much change you get out of 20k compared to an EJ20...

But yes, I agree. Don't buy a performance car unless you can afford to fix it!

TBH if i had a RB26 to rebuild, I would go RB30 conversion. 20k could get me a bomb proof short block.. And i would already have a RB26 head...

Thou 15k only buys the heads off my last 1UZ race motor....

D-Style']

[quote name='Munkvy said:

Yeah but you try rebuilding an RB26 and see how much change you get out of 20k compared to an EJ20...

But yes, I agree. Don't buy a performance car unless you can afford to fix it!

/quote]

TBH if i had a RB26 to rebuild, I would go RB30 conversion. 20k could get me a bomb proof short block.. And i would already have a RB26 head...

Thou 15k only buys the heads off my last 1UZ race motor....

RB30DET FTW !!!