Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

fuel pressure

smokn4

anyone know what the fuel pressure is meant to be set at???

searched the forum but cant find the thread i remember seeing ages ago that said what fuel pressure shud be set at....

just finished the split rail mod using a aftermarket fpr....any info would be wicked.

chur 8)

WRXONP said:

43.5 is static pressure so like said above vac hose off - you can run slightly more static pressure to squeeze more flow from the injectors - but its worth checking the air fuel ratio when doing it

So i setup mine with the vacuum line attached would this of cause any issue or damage to my car?

foaled plugs etc?

you supose to set up while the car is running, unplug the vacuum line then adjust it, once set lock it up and plug the vacuum back in...

QRAF']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

43.5 is static pressure so like said above vac hose off - you can run slightly more static pressure to squeeze more flow from the injectors - but its worth checking the air fuel ratio when doing it

/quote]So i setup mine with the vacuum line attached would this of cause any issue or damage to my car?

foaled plugs etc?

you might be running rich or lean.. best to redo it

QRAF']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]So i setup mine with the vacuum line attached would this of cause any issue or damage to my car?

foaled plugs etc?

so u set it to around 43-45 with the line on at idle ? you will have pretty high fuel pressure lol as the vac pressure lowers pressure on idle (vac situations) and raises pressure on boost

too much pressure - can blow hoses - make leaks - strain injectors - run rich - too much pressure can blow the pintle of the injectors i have herd - have also herd from tuners they have run up around 70psi (thats including boost pressure) and they dont like going over that- so at 43 psi static + 20psi boost = 53 psi fuel pressure on WOT - you could be running up near the 70 mark on boost depending on what static pressure is - simple fix - take vac hose off and set to 45 psi

turning up the fuel pressure is the cheap way of getting more fuel flow from the injector - when your resolving to upping the pressure to get more flow u should realistically be thinking i need bigger injectors - running 43-45 static pressure is fine as thats what a stock reg regulates it too - have seen multiple cars run well over 300 kw with stock reg

oh and something more to think about now it has come to me - more pressure = smaller restriction on the return to tank line - thus creates more rail pressure - the more pressure u go the harder the pump has to work - the amps it pulls goes up - makes pump turn slower - makes it flow less fuel :) more pressure isnt allways the answer - just like turbos pressure is definatly alot different to flow

yeah its been setup properly now i just never new it was so important to setup with out the vac line.

Still runs like poos so we started taking it apart on tuesday night to put the throttle body gasket in but got side tracked and man those bolts are a bitch to get to.

will check all vacum hoses when the tmic is off.

• 1 month later...

so how exactly do you set the fuel pressure??

got the car running today, pulled off the vac line on the fpr and started turning the screw to adjust,

but nothing was hapnin...gauge didnt even move, and wen turning it ,the effect on the running of the car was minimal,

only once it nearly conked out turned it the other way it went back to idling (a bit higher than usual) but now nothing happens when i turn it???? am i doing something wrong or could my fpr possibly be rooted ???