Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

oil return line from turbo

Pappu1

is this under hi pressure

swapped turbo and finding the newer one is sitting a bit higher than the old

basically the oil return line is just slotted in the return pipe..jussssttt slotted = say maybe 5-6mm or so inside the return pipe

usually the pipe lookes to be slotted like 20mm i think from the size of the indents on the line..

---> does turbo move independantly off the return pipe so can it move/jump out off the drain pipe if the turbo twists clockwise (clockwise looking from the front of engine) when powering/reving up

thoughts on that plz..

is it ok

if not what ppl have done etc..

thanks in adv...

nope return hose is not under pressure - is flowing alot of oil though - the oil feed is small with a restrictor which makes the pressure - the oil return is like 5x larger hence no pressure just flow

buy a new hose simple - this for your uber chinese turbo?

Hose - u mean the return hose that the metal fitting from the turbo sits in ya??

Hopefully not too hRd to replace that hose.... U done it before?

The very same turbo bro Hahah

Altho let's not start another what turbo is good debate

Maybe another thread for that ay

Yea that one

Ok so the flange bolts to the turbo and then it plugs into a rubber hose

The flange pile has like approx 20mm length which sits inside the hose

The new setup sits abt 5-6pm

Looks snug but the worry was if it Wud twist out if rev engine

From above seems won't......?...

the turbo shouldnt move in relation to the block as it should have brackets - you will find if u havent changed hose - cut hose - that its probably slid down the lower steel pipe - u can probably slide it up more even so it has equal amount on each metal pipe if u understand?

pappu said:

Hose - u mean the return hose that the metal fitting from the turbo sits in ya??

Hopefully not too hRd to replace that hose.... U done it before?

The very same turbo bro Hahah

Altho let's not start another what turbo is good debate

Maybe another thread for that ay

the pipe is a pain in the arse to replace lol. i hated puttting the return line back on mine

theres a nack to doing it - i find it ALLOT easier replacing the crap factory clamps with real clamps - i clamp it firmly to the turbos pipe where i want it - before putting the turbo right on line up the oil drain so the drain hose slides on and once shes on bolt the turbo down - do up lower clamp

my way of doing it and never had a problem and wasnt a cunt to do

WRXONP said:

i could get acces to both clamps with turbo still on - downpipe removed

Hahah u got them magic fingers bro

I will have another nosey

Btw the return hose where the drain pile slides into- the other side is it clampd on metal pipe or just also slide on

I will Try pulling it a bit up I suppose