Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Re-Registering a De-Registered Car

subypower

I have recently bought a 1990 Legacy RS type RA.

It is deregistered and has been for 2yrs.

Does anyone know what the process is for getting it registered ???

Heard it can be a bit of a prick to get it back on the road.

Appreciate any help as I want to get it road legal asap

ps. The car has no plates :o

Na mate.. Easy job..

All you need to do is go into the police with all the numbers... Chassis n shit.. Even old plates if you have them..

Get them to give you a letter to say it has clear title.. Then book it into a testing station...

Done...

well i have just got an fto back on the road with a mate its best to go to vtnz (i know its not the most awesome place) and ask them cause we were told after we got a police letter that we did not need this and had to sign some papers from nzta

they changed the way they do it 3 times in the time we were going to get it on the road lol

subypower said:

Cheers. It just at the garage now getting a few things fixed and the coils and spark-plugs replaced (fark coils are expensive $712 for four of them)!

Then it should be good to go.

Should have popped the word out...

i have quite a few you could have had for nothing..

• 3 weeks later...
 subypower said:

Cheers. It just at the garage now getting a few things fixed and the coils and spark-plugs replaced (fark coils are expensive $712 for four of them)!

trademe has coils for 130 each brand new.pays 2 look round

wrxman001']

[quote name='subypower said:

/quote]

trademe has coils for 130 each brand new.pays 2 look round

He has... Lol

um what. u need to take it to a vinning station and get it re registered . . approx 600 dollars with that they will give u 6 months rego aswell i think. but its a just an extra strong wof check. any doubts ring land transport.

here

he re-registration process

1. Your vehicle undergoes testing by an approved testing agent to verify it meets New Zealand's required standards.

2. If your vehicle meets the standards, it's approved for registration and a registration application form (form MR2A) is printed.

3. You then present the completed registration application form to a registration agent for processing.

4. The agent processes the application, registering and licensing the vehicle so that you can legally drive it on the road. You'll receive new registration plates and licence label.

5. You may only drive your vehicle on the road when it has its new registration plates, licence label, WoF or CoF label and (if applicable) road user charges licence attached.

My rs had to get a complaince cert, which picked up that my seatbelts had the wrong seriel numbers so I had to get them replaced. Also those damn BC sunvisors had to be replaced aswell. As mentioned its like a wof check but abit stricter. Once I had the cert vtnz helped me with new plates.