Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

What is needed for a v7 STI Motor to go into a non Sti v7???

I have a Non STi v7 with a possibly damaged motor , I just need to know if it is worth getting an STI v7 I have a non sti 5 speed box witch im not sure if I will have to change ,

Does anyone know If it can be done ? And if so what is needed ?

V7wrxv7 said:

I have a Non STi v7 with a possibly damaged motor , I just need to know if it is worth getting an STI v7 I have a non sti 5 speed box witch im not sure if I will have to change ,

Does anyone know If it can be done ? And if so what is needed ?

Gearbox will bolt up... Motor, loom, ecu will be required from Sti will be abit of work involved

• Admin

Yup. I think the dash will be OK... don't have to worry about gearbox... just make sure you get absolutely all the sensors etc. Not sure if STi uses different AFM to WRX. Make sure you get the whole motor, heads manifolds fuel rails injectors all that good stuff.

1:

u can just bolt ur exsistiong heads on the sti block and run everything else as v7 wrx

--

2:

other option is to put full sti engine

u will need to splice some wires for the AVCS solenoids

sti ecu

other sensoers and afm will work fine

--

gbox will bolt on fine on either engine

--

option 1 will be less costly/hassle i suppose

either way WIN situation ;D

V7wrxv7 said:

AVCS wires? would that be all the mods id need to do ?

if ur v7 does not have avch heads (most likely) then to put in sti heard u will need to loom in a few (4-6 from memory) for the avcs heads

if ur has avcs heads then just drop in sti engine and ecu and it will run (other sensors are same on the 2)

if u dont have avcs - i wud put ur headson sti block

and it will run like ur wrx (just stronger bottom end)

ideally in above situation u can perhaps sell the avcs heads and put in some bigger cams in ir wrx head and retune the stock ecu to suit..winh win

• 1 month later...

im very sure that the JDM wrx shares the same loom apart from the manifold looms are different

my first attempt doing the loom on my coupe i used a ver7 wrx loom and all the wiring were the same as the STI ones.

iv'e dropped a v7 sti motor, *ahem* two v7 sti motors,.. into my v7 wrx with a 4eat ;D still running the stock v7 ecu, the v8 ecu would be compatible with a v7 sti motor, (i also tried a v8 sti ecu in my wrx, but made the gear changes wonky)

Same loom, same afm, no splicing, only modification was disabling the tgv warning light, as the sti moto does not have tgv's.

btw the standard jdm v7 wrx motor does have avcs, My orginal motor did anyway.

• 2 months later...

Cool very late update , After getting All my Bits and pieces from around the country and Re building the motor that had hardly any compression And missing the turbo and Ecu Thanks to a Mr Levi Thompson I obtained a EcU and Vf30 Of a nice bloke up in Auckland.

Now the Ecu Has A zeroSport chip In it and it might even be a spec c I want to know if I can take it some where to get it dyno'd in Chch Who would have the right equipment to do any adjustment or mapping if needed ,

Does anyone have any Idea's ?