Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Bg5b manifold loom

tydon

hi im doing the wasted spark setup using a bg5b inlet manifold loom and as it doesnt have the plug for the wasted spark could i trace the wires back from the current single bolt coils and reuse the 12v feed, and the signal wires and earth. the single bolt coils are 3 wire. 12v,earth,signal

i have a spare plug to use was thinking of reusing the 12v the blue and red coil pack wires for the wasted spark and the earth for the v3/4(250t) igniter?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok ive done abita reading up on the wasted spark setup. and have come up with.

ive stripped the manifold loom down traced the singlebolt coils back to the plug .

the 12v from the 4 plugs ive run back to be used on the wasted spark to feed its 12v.

which leaves coilpack red and blue on the new 3wire wasted spark ive reused the red and blue wire from 2 of the 4 plugs from the singlebolt coil to be used as coilpack red and blue wire.

The Earth wire going to the 4 plugs for the singlebolt coils ive traced back to the plug planning to use for the 250t igniter 5 wire.

which leaves the other two (signal/ecu ignition) wires from the last 2 singlebolt coils i have traced these back on the loom back to the plug to be used for ECU ignition 1 & 2 (A9) (A10)

as long as the wires in the plug matches the corrosponding wire to the ecu and igniter will this work?

• 2 weeks later...
 tydon said:

also wasted spark is going into a bg5a single turbo conversion have already repinned ecu to suit v3/4 but was previously using single bolt coils

i dont seem to be getting any spark also i see the twin turbos have 4 ignition wires but the wasted spark only uses two ignition wires can anyone help me please

tydon']

[quote name='tydon said:

also wasted spark is going into a bg5a single turbo conversion have already repinned ecu to suit v3/4 but was previously using single bolt coils

/quote]

only uses two ignition wires can anyone help me please

read reubens thread, its all in there

gazzy2000']

[quote name='tydon said:

/quote]

only uses two ignition wires can anyone help me please

read reubens thread, its all in there

ive read through it all and followed directions exactly but still not getting spark i am using the bg5b inlet manifld loom on a bg5a that had already been repinned to suit v3/4 ecu i know i have my earth 12v and coilpack red/blue wired correctly but may not be getting the signal for igniton wires from the ecu (A9) & (A10) can i run two new wires directly from the ecu to the igniter instead of tracing wires through the plug at the battery?

are the bg5a intake looms pinned the sames as the bg5b. ive followed the threads and have done exactly has shown. im a little confused if im using single wasted spark setup the threads say to use only

or do i wire it like this?

these 2 arrows to the 1 ???

Wires: Twin Turbo

B44,7 Ignition Control #4 (Black/Red) Not needed <====

B44,8 Ignition Control #2 (Red) Not needed

B44,9 Ignition Control #3 (Yellow/Purple) <====

B44,10 Ignition Control #1 (Yellow/Blue)

to

Wires: WRX Single turbo

B137, 9 Ignition Control #3 #4 (Green/White) <===

B137, 10 Ignition Control #1 #2 (Yellow/Blue)

i got the multimeter out today to try an trace the wires for ECU to igniter.

have found that the ignition and signal wires go to the igniter plug up behind passanger strut tower and then to the plug near the battery.

I think i have it sorted now cheers

tydon said:

i got the multimeter out today to try an trace the wires for ECU to igniter.

have found that the ignition and signal wires go to the igniter plug up behind passanger strut tower and then to the plug near the battery.

I think i have it sorted now cheers

still not starting... which of the diagrams are correct rubeuns thread or the information from TT to single

or

Wires: Twin Turbo

B44,7 Ignition Control #4 (Black/Red) Not needed

B44,8 Ignition Control #2 (Red) Not needed

B44,9 Ignition Control #3 (Yellow/Purple)

B44,10 Ignition Control #1 (Yellow/Blue)

im confused to much conflicting information.

i have 1 pdf whch says to not use the red and the black/red.

then in reubeuns thread it says at the ecu to use red and red/black to corrospond to ecu (A9).

Also in the threads it never says anything about getting wires for the new igniter from the passanger side strut tower.

I am working on a BG5A 1994 GT legacy wagon.

Also i see my injector plugs on both side are diffrent colour light grey and dark grey how do i know which plug goes to what injector?????.

obviously the lighter grey plugs will mirrior over to the other side as well as the dark grey plug...

Please help ive had the car sittting there for 3months i really neeed to get it going.

tried starting this morning sounds like it wants to start. still not getting the spark im not sure. also dont have the money to go to auto sparky.

It should be simple... it worked on single bolt coils....

the go is, if you use the WRX v/4 wiring diagram, and copy the wasted spark wiring to the T.. you cant really go wrong... no matter how or which way you get the wires to and from the ignitor and coil pack (run new or use existing)

v3/4 Coil pack has 3 pin plug

v3/4 Coil pack - one pin is 12 volts

v3/4 coil pack - other two pins get earths from ignitor (two wires from ignitor)

V3/4 ignitor is controlled by ECU by two wires

V3/4 ignitor has two pins going to the aformentioned "other two pins" on the coil pack 3 pin plug

in other words the V3/4 ignitor has two inputs FROM ECU and two outputs TO coil pack

WRX V3/4 has 2 ign wires at the ECU, TT BG5a has 4 at the ECU, splice and solder as per instructions for wasted spark set up, make sure they go to correct pins on ignitor plug

on a BG5a the ignitior is on the passenger side strut tower.. you know this...

you can either run new wires or use the existing ones in place.... heaps of ways to do it, just make sure you tripple check the wires and make sure the end result mirrors V3/4 wasted spark

plus too many bad starts will foul the plugs, you may have to remove and clean them multiple times, otherwise you may well have the wiring right but will never know because it simply could be the plugs are gung ho.

found this from my notes:

Coil and ignitor

If using a WRX manifold including the matching manifold wiring loom and singular WRX coil pack, you will need the ignitor, mount this new ignitor in the same place as the old TT ignitor as the wires you need are there from ECU to the ignitor, then from there i find its easier to run new wires required for the coil pack on the manifold, then find the correct pins in the plugs that go to the ignitor (by the battery needed) and wire in/solder the newly run wires there.

I dont recommend mounting the ignitor on the actual engine/manifold as heat and vibrations will kill it in time.

IIRC

i used the original ign wires from ECU to where the ignitor goes (trace continuity)

using a V3/4 ignitor and plug soldered in these two wires from the ECU

then soldered in new two 2 core cable, then (as above note) ran them to the correct pins on the big/main plug by the battery (snipped old wires and soldered in new two core cable) then tested continity to the coil pack.

This is assuming you using the v3/4 undermanifold loom, if not run the two core straight to the coil pack... just make sure they are the right way round and the coil pack has 12v.

tydon said:

Ok thanks got that sorted how do i know what injector plug goes on what injector? each side of the manifold has a light grey plug and a dark grey plug what if i get that around the wrong way?

She will half cough spit fuel out the back and do silly shit..

madmike']

[quote name='tydon said:

Ok thanks got that sorted how do i know what injector plug goes on what injector? each side of the manifold has a light grey plug and a dark grey plug what if i get that around the wrong way?

/quote]

She will half cough spit fuel out the back and do silly s***..

so it should still start if theyre wrong way around or run like crap. jus so i can change it

madmike said:

Hey give it a shot dude.. If everything else is okay yeah it will start...

Probably best to remove and clean your sparkies too dude.... They can get fouled up bad if you are having fuel and spark issues...

cool sweet as thanks man

ok ive rewired the v3/4 ignitor.

i have traced the 2 ecu signals back to ecu from ignitor they are correct.

earth for ignitor ive traced back to behind passanger strut tower.

coilpack red and blue ive traced from the coilpack back to ignitor.

all these wires mirror the v3/4 wiring diagrams ive triple checked wires to make sure they are going to the right place.

the only wire i cant trace is the 12v feed going to coilpack i cant seem to find where it goes. ive taken sparkplugs out multiple times cleaned them chucked them back in change injector plugs around take them out clean and retest.

Car sounds like its half starting.

when taking spark plugs out can smell fuel .

Also will the car start with out a factory or aftermarket bov.

have blocked up where bov goes onto.

Also i broke a sparkplug taking them out had to find a replacement.

replacement sparkplug is diffrent from my other 3.

3 have pointy tips and one with flat tip

.if the v3/4 ignitor only needs two ignition signals and the bg5a tt has 4

do i have to use all 4 ignition wires?.

Ive Only used two #1 ignition and #3 ignition.

The Ignitor is still getting the correct signals from the ecu have checked with multimeter.

if i had it going using singlebolt coils and i reused the 12v feed from there it means it should work...... everything is where its supposed to be. LOL.

reading through it all it is simple but for some strange reason im having problems.

not sure if injector plugs are wrong way around or what.

tydon said:

ok ive rewired the v3/4 ignitor.

i have traced the 2 ecu signals back to ecu from ignitor they are correct.

earth for ignitor ive traced back to behind passanger strut tower.

coilpack red and blue ive traced from the coilpack back to ignitor.

all these wires mirror the v3/4 wiring diagrams ive triple checked wires to make sure they are going to the right place.

the only wire i cant trace is the 12v feed going to coilpack i cant seem to find where it goes. ive taken sparkplugs out multiple times cleaned them chucked them back in change injector plugs around take them out clean and retest.

Car sounds like its half starting.

when taking spark plugs out can smell fuel .

Also will the car start with out a factory or aftermarket bov.

have blocked up where bov goes onto.

Also i broke a sparkplug taking them out had to find a replacement.

replacement sparkplug is diffrent from my other 3.

3 have pointy tips and one with flat tip

.if the v3/4 ignitor only needs two ignition signals and the bg5a tt has 4

do i have to use all 4 ignition wires?.

Ive Only used two #1 ignition and #3 ignition.

The Ignitor is still getting the correct signals from the ecu have checked with multimeter.

If you're using an ECU with four you need to use all four or you'll only get it running on two at best.

im using a 2s ecu v3/4 3plug ecu grey injectors/purple afm

same as the 1s but non jdm.

all 4 ignition wires from the b5ga tt run to the ignitor from the ecu.

so technically even if i join them theyre still getting the same signal as if i was running them singular

if that makes sense lol.