• Raised $0.00

Bg5b manifold loom

tydon

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

madmike said:

When i did my wasted spark conversion i tied the ignighter outputs 1&3 and 2&4 together..

Then gave it a 12v feed..

That's a bit worrying. The wasted spark pairings on a subaru are 1&2 and 3&4... Using 1/3 and 2/4 will result in misfires :/

Wiretap']

[quote name='madmike said:

When i did my wasted spark conversion i tied the ignighter outputs 1&3 and 2&4 together..

/quote]

That's a bit worrying. The wasted spark pairings on a subaru are 1&2 and 3&4... Using 1/3 and 2/4 will result in misfires :/

does it have to be paired if im getting the right signal from the ecu to the ignitor which i am ive checked this with a multimeter.

then i checked from the ignitor to the coilpacks that i was getting signal which they are correct and have checked my earth .

will try running 12v directly from battery to see if its 12v.

i checked my leads and changed one side. do the lengths matter ??

ive got two leads that are longer than the others.

i put the two longer leads on the back spark plugs

and shorter leads at the front

Wiretap']

[quote name='madmike said:

/quote]

Oh whoops. Yeah what he said!!!

gazzy2000 said:

so have you pulled off the leads one at a time and used an old spark plug to see if there is spark on all four leads?

dont have spare plug lol.

i now know im getting 12v earth and all my signals frm ecu to ignitor to coil pack so

now i have everything wired correctly and its been checked multiple times.

so now ive checked the injector plugs and have double checked with another motor have changed them to the correct places.

next im going to take plugs out clean again and try again.

also had a big leak at where the bov is have fixed it.

hopefully it starts this time i am noticing a buzzing sound when clicking over the key???

tydon']

[quote name='gazzy2000 said:

so have you pulled off the leads one at a time and used an old spark plug to see if there is spark on all four leads?

/quote]

sh1t oh dear man ???, most will assume you have done this already to 100% you have any spark in the first place... this is both fundamental and critical with a job like this

use that plug you broke if you have to...

gazzy2000']

/quote]

sh1t oh dear man ???, most will assume you have done this already to 100% you have any spark in the first place... this is both fundamental and critical with a job like this

so just chuck a plug in the lead and turn the key?

someone told me to pump the accelerator dnt think that helps though

tydon']

/quote]

easier with two ppl, yip pull the leads off (one by one) plug the test plug into one lead, repeat on all leads... the body of the plug needs to be earthed on any bolt on manifold or WHY, then someone crank the car over while the other looks for physical spark on the plug...

yea no accel, we are just checking for spark here (on every/any lead)

gazzy2000']

/quote]

easier with two ppl, yip pull the leads off (one by one) plug the test plug into one lead, repeat on all leads... the body of the plug needs to be earthed on any bolt on manifold or WHY, then someone crank the car over while the other looks for physical spark on the plug...

what if the sparkplugs poked ? the one used for testing is there still gunna be spark?

also if one spark plug out of the 4 is poked will this result in in no start?

tydon']

/quote]

what if the sparkplugs poked ? the one used for testing is there still gunna be spark?

also if one spark plug out of the 4 is poked will this result in in no start?

well the testing one really has to be a known good one... for the test plug, if you have to, buy a $7 brand new one from repco

if one is stuffed (assuming your wiring is done right) it would/should start but run ruff as maybe run crap under load...

Ok so i did some testing with the spark plug and leads im getting spark to all 4 leads.

tryed to start it and it wouldnt start for me.

so i took out the sparkplugs again 4th time today lol and two of my plugs have fuel on them the other two dont.

im not sure why its not starting i everything plugged up properly im getting spark .

starting to think mayb afm is gone?

tydon']

K, so you can hear the fuel pump prime with KOEO?

/quote]

koeo? i can hear some noise when clicking over key

KOEO = Key On, Engine Off.

When u 1st turno KOEO do you hear the fuel pump prime (turn on) from the rear of the car (behind back seat)

tydon said:

Ok so i did some testing with the spark plug and leads im getting spark to all 4 leads.

tryed to start it and it wouldnt start for me.

so i took out the sparkplugs again 4th time today lol and two of my plugs have fuel on them the other two dont.

im not sure why its not starting i everything plugged up properly im getting spark .

starting to think mayb afm is gone?

MAF sensor is not used on initial startup. The ECU only pays attention to it once the engine is started

tydon']

yup i can

/quote]

right, so you have spark (assumably with the wiring done the right way) and you should have fuel... if the pump is priming

hopefully you have the injector plugs on the right way round...

how are you cleaning the plugs? what method? using some fine sand paper in between the gap and blowing try with air or WHY?

Oh, and some times if the cylinder is full of fuel... you need to crank engine over with plugs out to clear them

so next time when u clean the plugs properly, take them all out and unplug the coil pack (so there is no spark) then crank away, it will sound funny as there will be no compression, this is normal, refit plugs and try again

gazzy2000']

yup i can

/quote]

right, so you have spark (assumably with the wiring done the right way) and you should have fuel... if the pump is priming

how are you cleaning the plugs? what method? using some fine sand paper in between the gap and blowing try with air or WHY?

yup i have spark i tested with a known good plug and checkd each lead and got spark on all 4 leads.

what sound does the fuel pump priming make?

i checked the two colours on each wire on my uncles v3 sti motor and changed mine to match his

i cleaned them with a wire brush and and blow dryed them to air them off

tydon']

yup i can

/quote]

yup i have spark i tested with a known good plug and checkd each lead and got spark on all 4 leads.

what sound does the fuel pump priming make?

i checked the two colours on each wire on my uncles v3 sti motor and changed mine to match his

i cleaned them with a wire brush and and blow dryed them to air them off

cool, well you cant be far off! try some sandpaper in between the gap next time

fuel pump priming is just the ECU turning the pump on then off when the ignition is first turned on, you can normally just hear it turn on then off with KOEO. Then the pump runs normally once started

cleaned the sparkplugs up today chucked them back in after testing everything and tryed to start it up.

it wound over a couple times really fast (faster than normal) started popping couple times (loud pops) and then continued to wind over. till i could smell fuel

I have throughly checked to make sure everything is where its supposed to be wiring,hoses etc.. have had another engine bay to cross check with.

ive been told the cambelt may be off timing.... is why im having the issues off no start.

i got motor as a complete longblock minus sensors. and put in near new v3/4 ones.

tydon said:

cleaned the sparkplugs up today chucked them back in after testing everything and tryed to start it up.

it wound over a couple times really fast (faster than normal) started popping couple times (loud pops) and then continued to wind over. till i could smell fuel

I have throughly checked to make sure everything is where its supposed to be wiring,hoses etc.. have had another engine bay to cross check with.

ive been told the cambelt may be off timing.... is why im having the issues off no start.

i got motor as a complete longblock minus sensors. and put in near new v3/4 ones.

yea well if the timing is out that would do it. Get it checked if you are unsure (especially if someone has been in there doing stuff)

One thing i found too was to be careful to get the cam and crank sensor signal wires round the right way as well as their earths and shielding wires, as per here, note 3: http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,10158.15.html

gazzy2000']

[quote name='tydon said:

/quote]

yea well if the timing is out that would do it. Get it checked if you are unsure (especially if someone has been in there doing stuff)

One thing i found too was to be careful to get the cam and crank sensor signal wires round the right way as well as their earths and shielding wires, as per here, note 3: http://www.clubsub.org.nz/forum/index.php/topic,10158.15.html

hmm noone i knw nor i have touched the timing belt.

bought it with a cam cover missing and saw that it had a new belt put on recently along with the head gaskets.

i ve defintely got the sensors around the right way and done that already as u mentioned had the car running before on the 2S ecu on another motor