Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Help my injectors dont fit and it's waiting to go on the dyno!!

QBALLZ

I bought some 650cc injectors but they are slightly different in the body than my stock ones. :-[ I have a 01 ver7 wrx motor. the new injectors have a different style of body-still round but have a tab that sticks from the body. Has anybody experience with this type. I bought them off NZ Injection and was told they would fit but don't and know we are having trouble finding a replacement in nz. FUDGE!!! Firstly can we remove the tab-as they will fit with this removed, or is it a cheaper option to change the tumbler valve body????

Any help would be appreciated please as i really dont want to fork out on another set of injectors!!!

HEEEELLLLPPP!!!!

I've not seen any difference, but there is no Subaru factory injector that is 650cc so fitment is questionable.

I hope they're not the brown 270cc H6 injectors and you've been scammed :/ (I'm not sure if these have the tab you mentioned, but they're similar in style to ver7 injectors and I replaced the set on my H6 with WRX blues)

WRXONP said:

565s will flow around 650 with fuel pressure raised - and direct fit and a bell of a lot cheaper too

Crap, i never knew that. But oh well i got them now and need to get them fitting. Any one heard of the elusive tabs around the body of this type of injector???? I have had a look on the net now and the only ones with the tabs that i can see are for the 04-06 wrx.

ok so i have told my tuner to modify the injector body by removing the tabs. The tabs are on the later model injector and are what the injector sits on in the manifold body-kind of suspending it in the manifold. I will let ya know how it goes :-\

WRXONP said:

565s will flow around 650 with fuel pressure raised - and direct fit and a bell of a lot cheaper too

you will need to get bigger fuel pump to do this. i was going to do the same thing just bumping up the fpr but dont think the walbro by itself can handle it

Yep if u bumping pressure cant use Walbro as it will possibly hit it's relief valve pressure once u put decent boost

In any case hope the tab thing gets sorted

What turbo u running

What mods

Sounds like a nice project u got going there bro

X']

[quote name='WRXONP said:

/quote]

you will need to get bigger fuel pump to do this. i was going to do the same thing just bumping up the fpr but dont think the walbro by itself can handle it

can someone explain this a bit better? like how to do it? what fuel pump etc?

a walbro has a pressure relief valve set to 70psi, flow falls over quickly after that, so with a base pressure of 50psi and 20psi boost its at its limits.

You can tap in the relief valve which will allow higher pressures but it puts more strain on the pump.

How can it have a relief valve ? Of it did it would need a fuel return hose of its own or a hole to let the fuel out once it hits relief - I have seen them go over 70 psi - so how can it have a relief valve ?

If you look at the flow graphs - flow drastically drops off as fuel pressure rises ( all fuel pumps do - walbros just fall off drastically not linear like Bosch pumps )

Like this

http://www.google.co.nz/search?q=walbro+255+flow+rate&tbm=isch&pbx=1&aq=2&oq=walbro%2520255%2520flo&aqi=g3-k14d0t0&fkt=1694&fsdt=14146&cqt=&rst=&htf=&his=&maction=&site=images&gl=nz&source=mog&csll=&action=&ltoken=66313a44&biw=320&bih=416&sei=H1yaT8raBMG3iQect6XKDg#i=3

Clearly can do 90 psi - flow just drops off - if it had a relief valve it would not go over 70 psi (just like how oil pressure is limited via relief valve)

evowrx said:

i knew they had a relief valve but no idea how its set up or whatver. so what youre saying is if you turn up the pressure you get bigger injectors? what do you need to change to support this other than your fpr?

the more pressure you supply the injector - the more fuel it will give out (to a degree)- but with walbro pumps the more pressure you make them produce - the flow goes down drastically - sooo you will get to a point where you will be giving more pressure but not enough flow of fuel to the injector

the best way to have it is 3 bar fuel pressure and a big enough injector to do the job without raising pressure

yeah i dont believe everything i read on the internet. been there done that... facepalm moment... i rather be safe then sorry for the cost of a few dollars, thats why the smarter people rather used something that are over engineered to their need for future proving ( if that makes sense? )

evowrx said:

on topic: why did they supply injectors that didnt fit? i wouldve thought they know their s***.

my setup walbros and yellows should net me the power i want anyway so not too worried.

some aftermarket parts required some modification to fit to OEM. i brought some 650cc SARD injectors and find out they are a little longer then the OEM injectors we just made adaptor/spacers for it to fit... was also told it was direct fit... there are some people out there that rely on the internet as a reference to their parts and believe in it

X']

yeah i dont believe everything i read on the internet. been there done that... facepalm moment... i rather be safe then sorry for the cost of a few dollars, thats why the smarter people rather used something that are over engineered to their need for future proving ( if that makes sense? )

[quote name='evowrx said:

on topic: why did they supply injectors that didnt fit? i wouldve thought they know their s***.

my setup walbros and yellows should net me the power i want anyway so not too worried.

some aftermarket parts required some modification to fit to OEM. i brought some 650cc SARD injectors and find out they are a little longer then the OEM injectors we just made adaptor/spacers for it to fit... was also told it was direct fit... there are some people out there that rely on the internet as a reference to their parts and believe in it

/quote

Yeah this was a def face in palm moment, but as im sure most of out there who try to do 90% of the work/sourcing parts have found out-is that at some stage your going to get something wrong, and this was mine. I will know tomorrow how it went with the problem and be sure to let everyone know.

X said:

can u get a photo of the injectors?

nah i can' t they're at the workshop. If you look at a set of 04-06 ones you will see the tabs im referring to. they straddle the housing where the injector goes. The ones i needed were without the tabs and the tabs were preventing the injector from seating far enough down into the manifold. Trick for new players, or those like myself that didn't quite do all there homework :P

What turbo u running

What mods

Sounds like a nice project u got going there bro

cheers

I'm running a MSE VF30

so far it's got all the bolt on gear apart from split fuel rails, intake form turbo is all done, exhaust is all done form the turbo and to the turbo (non twisted), the computer is getting sorted along with a tune to bring it all together.

It is a cool project, learn't alot along the way and still alot more to learn. I cut my teeth into Mitsi Evo's so it's good to be

learning from the other corner for a change. Once this side of things is sorted i'm just going to drive it for awhile as it's getting to the limit of what

i want to drive around on the streets (Police/speed etc). Next stop will be a hill climb/Auto x set up ;D