Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Looking at a Forester

Auction says sold dude... But that flat front bonnet above the lights, with chassis code sf5a or sf5b, is the same as the v3/4s. Orange afm, yellows and a 6s ecu and theres a lot to be had from it. Only issue i'm having with mine is the plastic covers around the rear window (basically the entire boot lining) rattles like f**k.

It's basically a wrx with a bigger boot, taller struts, longer springs, and a half inch spacer under the front engine subframe. Bloody fun to drive. And rather subtle if done right :)

Yeah the guy who wants to swap bought it off that lister last week.

Aparently the mrs doesnt like it cause she cant drive it or some shit.

Figure theres no harm in having a look. Looks nice and I know enough about rex's just not the forresters.

That ones a v3/4 wrx equivalent. Only difference is minor details and as posted above. Everything swaps across piece of cake. Mines a v6 era, with v5 sti rear swaybar, gd rear strut brace, gc front. V4 sti seats, v7 sti struts, v3 sti wagon springs. Lego... Its all lego.

Everything you know about wrx's can swap across. If you want a forester specific site, with a f**k load of research and information, check out www.subaruforester.org its where i found a hell of a lot of info for mine. Good luck, they are a lot of fun. And with a little bit of work, you'll be driving better than an sti with the subtlety of a grandpa wagon. Its awesome :)

motor is just wrx motor with a different tune afaik (looks to be same model as my foz)

how has it been lowered?

get some bigger ie forester size tyres for it and it'd be better

same things break on foresters as wrx's. if it's on v7 struts check the rears for knocking

Same version as mine... Great cars. I've just got standard height stiffer springs and a strut brace and sti swaybar and it handles well enough for me. As is stated above almost any of the v3/v4 stuff will swap right in. Awesome snow wagons!

muh, mines done almost 190kms and never had an issue (yet, touch wood......) but then i have had mine since 110kms so i know it's been looked after for almost half its life, and i bought mine stock standy so no boyracer had owned it.... before me!

all depends on how much they value the forester at, 210 is high k's so not worth much to anyone else, hence why i dont want to try sell my car

my old red forester is on trademe,has a sti version 4 motor in it,6s ecu,orange afm,yellow injectors and vf22,i got it standard at 110ks aswell and now its on 194 and i bought it 7 years ago may 2005,i done everything in it and on it but now the new owner has sprayed the bumper and sticker bombed it and shit lol

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/subaru/forester/auction-477451852.htm

pl0x']

engine done 210kms? I wouldn't touch it

Aparently its got another engine with lower kms in it. no proof.

[quote name='legacy666 said:

I be concerned about him buying it last week then trying to get rid of it now, that plus the high kms.

Yes have thought that over. I dont see much harm in looking. I'm not obliged to go through with the trade.

Went and had a look at this last night. Body work was pretty good and it looked nice sitting on the wheels but had a good look round the engine and wasnt really what I was looking for. Dirty oil was the main kick in the guts as well as a leaking cam cover.

All good. Back to the drawing board.

If what kiwi_fozze says is right then it possibly did have a new engine in it as it was running greys and a purple meter.

I dont think the guy knew much if anything. When he checked over mine he just sorta copied what I was doing lol.

what do you want the Forester for?

Personally whilst I liked it I found it lacking on some fronts:

1. Whilst the boot space is "tall" its not deep and actually you cant fit much into it.

2. It is no more capable off road or as a ski car for example than any other 4wd subaru.

Cool car but GTB wagon definately a better fit for me.....but you might be different :)

I'm pretty much on the fence at the moment.

I love the look of the Legacy's but I'm not overly keen on a twin turbo.

Will all depend on what my car sells for, or what I get offered.

Unfortunately the type of car attracts a certain type of buyer and I keep getting offered bloody Euro's lol

ODB said:

what do you want the Forester for?

Personally whilst I liked it I found it lacking on some fronts:

1. Whilst the boot space is "tall" its not deep and actually you cant fit much into it.

2. It is no more capable off road or as a ski car for example than any other 4wd subaru.

Agree 100% on the boot space one (especially with a sub in there), not so much on the second point but considering we are talking about a lowered forester I'll let it slide haha

wrx_lou said:

Unfortunately the type of car attracts a certain type of buyer and I keep getting offered bloody Euro's lol

But my gtb ;)

Drunkenmonkey']

[quote name='wrx_lou said:

/quote]

But my gtb ;)

You are wanting more than I would get for mine. Otherwise it would be on the maybe pile.