shop that can fix manifold

tez n u

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
 evowrx said:

Agreed I was hoping for a hardcore early evo not another 4. Way to have a good sleeper though and bolt in later engine/turbo. I wouldve kept the rex anyday.

its usually the evo1-2 that u see every time at the drags, 4s not so much

G-unit']

[quote name='evowrx said:

Agreed I was hoping for a hardcore early evo not another 4. Way to have a good sleeper though and bolt in later engine/turbo. I wouldve kept the rex anyday.

/quote]

its usually the evo1-2 that u see every time at the drags, 4s not so much

Coz of a funny little fuckup called AYC I think.

G-unit said:

whats that got done? man the subi looked so much better then that 4

Remember my subi didnt come pretty i had to do some work to it to get it up to spec in both looks and go department.......the evo is a 2.3 liter stroker but still running stock turbo for now....have installed 880cc injectors and 320lph fuel pump already and done evo 6 ecu reflash, waiting on turbo and have a few issues with clutch and stuff to sort out before i can think about cosmetics..will probably put on some decent wheels and adjustables and lower it......

No idea to be honest, was going good before i sold it and showed mint compression......yea the evo has a few mods but looks stock as from out side he he.....not that fast though with stock turbo it really needs a big turbo to start moving ;D

Yea on stock turbo, it will run around 12.2 easy on stock turbo i was having a lot of gearbox issues that day, somthing to do with clutch not disengaging properly in higher revs resulting in very slow shifting and missing gears...its already trapping 180km/h plus though on just 17ish psi ;D

hate-evoz said:

yeah thats the downfall of evo/mitsis in general.. they have annoying running gear problems lol.. gearbox/transfer case/clutches etc.. well imo.. if you can sort the right running gear combination in it it will be very rapid.. i also heard evo 4s have bad oil pressure problems.. something about blowing motors because oil doesnt go around the whole engine causing it to blow..

i have nothing against them.. have huge respect for evos but im a suby man. lol

Yea but theres also rumours of every subi blowing up big end bearings lol......the evo gear boxs are a lot stronger then a subi 5 speed ( i blew 3 sti 5 speeds in less then 1 year), they can run tens easy on stock box.....the ayc diff blows up though but i have a rs diff which is ment to be a lot stronger......transfer case is one issue they seem to have......my problem is not the actual box it self though its the clutch that seems to be causing issues..i had a lot of issues with my sti as well and when i got them sorted it really started to perform well.

hate-evoz said:

haha fair enough.. both subys and mitis have their pros and cons etc.. sti's - cooling system, wrong treatment they go kaboom lol. evos.. a few good launches....boom goes the transfer cash... then thers the tappets ... tick tick tick. lol lets just say they both cool.. haha

but i know for a fact - a standard sti version 4 sedan.. will beat a stock evo 4... lol done it heaps of times

Thing is evos factory boost control selnoid fails causing them to boost well below stock.....they should boost around 15-16psi stock but most of them are well below that stock due to the failed solenoid.....i had a version 4 sedan ages ago and my bros evo 4 use to beat me with same mods evertime by a little bit......they come with a td05 16g 9.5cm turbo from factory which is a lot more superior to our vf23s ;)

that wrx in the video is my mates and he had a td06 ;D evo is my brothers lol he had cut out issues due to leak in his intercooler and his evo was far from worked, should be the other way around the evo had basic bolt ons.....wrx owners name is kerwin

hate-evoz said:

nah man that evo 4 had heapsa s*** done haha i read the specs list when we were gonna swap it for our ride but yeah wasnt keen.. sti only running 10psi though?? lol

ok maybe another evo but dont you think its strange that a fully worked evo that should be running 11s is loosing soo badly?? makes no sense aye....a td06 wrx on ten psi will not be anywhere near 11sec trust me been there done that