Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

shop that can fix manifold

tez n u

thats no where near worked lol, if you want bring the stock v4 sedan to next winter wars......i have a stock evo 4 in good running condtion that would be keen to line up at meremere and then we can compare them properly?? he just has exhaust and intake..i think youll be suprised at how well a properly running evo 4 goes....he has done a best of 12.9 so far

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best thing about evos is their decent size turbos from evo 1-. Least you got no ayc thats the main thing most people still have it. Most people compare non sti with evos they arent on the same level and never will be. First thing I learnt getting into wrxs is they seem to run smaller injectors 440 vs 510 and turbos cfm wise but still pull similar figures before they max out the stock items. Someone could explain. I would guess the exhaust set up but that would be guessing :D .

The wrx looked sick in those drag photos the only thing it needed was a v6 bar.

Have you got specs on how the 2.3 was built?

It has a 4g64 crank, eagle rods and je pistons with some reground cams and cam gears.......i dont know about same power figures coz evos can get close to 300wkw on stock turbos and also have a better flowing head. The exhaust setup is better in the evos with a far shorter exhaust manifold setup resulting in quicker spool up.

• 2 weeks later...
 hate-evoz said:

The guy who brought sti off you.. sayin on his auction on trademe that he replaced the shortblock 3 weeks ago.. did your one blow? or is he talking smack??

V7 semi closed deck block

V7 Sti crank

V7 Sti spec c pistons & Rods

ARP case bolts

ACL race bearings

ACL race series head gasket

Edit: he said it in a answer to a question but trademe deleted i think as its not showing it anymore...

not talking smack. i bought the car off avi a while ago. i didnt know what was in the engine so i replaced it with my old engine from the original ovr4u. i have the motor that teznu had in the car if anyone is interested in buying. i got trademe to remove the questions cos it was just pissing me off. i know who i bought the car off, i dont need dickheads leaving stupid ass comments on it .apparently just cos i dont want to swap the car for a 89 corolla im a dick? i have changed a few things around since i bought it. only selling it as i have few other cars and i dont get time to drive the subaru around.

tez n u said:

It has a 4g64 crank, eagle rods and je pistons with some reground cams and cam gears.......i dont know about same power figures coz evos can get close to 300wkw on stock turbos and also have a better flowing head. The exhaust setup is better in the evos with a far shorter exhaust manifold setup resulting in quicker spool up.

i'm sorry but I believe you are wrong about that 300kw atw figure. Maybe 250-260 but anymore than that is pushing it and even at those levels you would need a larger fuel system, full TBE intake and lots lots more boost.

Not saying its IMPOSSIBLE but I have seen many many stock turbo evo's go through STM and ST hytec on their blog but I have never seen more than 260kw atw on a stock turbo.

I said stock turbo not stock fuel system or full stock motor :) have a mate pushing his one to 300wkw soon or near that :) ......another mate pushed his to 285wkw with cams and some head work and a bit of boost......have you seen how huge a evo 9 turbo is?? The exhaust housing is 10.5cm factory and the compressor cover is pretty large......also have you heard of e85?? If their getting 260-280wkw on pump gas then i dont need to tell you whats doable on e85 ;D and also i didnt say pump gas as far as im aware ;D

Some prove below and again i didnt say stock motor, just stock turbo :) also i said close to 300wkw ;D but some of these cars are making 300wkw plus :) .....if you call bullshit then check out the last video they run a 10.2 and then show under the hood of the car and take the intake off to reveal a stock evo 9 turbo :)

Stock turbo running ten sec pass ;D

u can have it for $1900 cash + gbox. i dont need a scooter as i have 2 bikes already. 021 100 6055. usually free on weekends. its just bare motor for sale.

long block without turbo, alt etc as i used them again in the car. prefer to sell both together as i wont have time to sell them one by one. i have a v7 6spd gearbox out . cvs, diff, driveshaft and bits r still on the car. will be about 2-3 weeks before i get time to take it out. dont know how much they are worth.

tez n u said:

Some prove below and again i didnt say stock motor, just stock turbo :) also i said close to 300wkw ;D but some of these cars are making 300wkw plus :) .....if you call bulls*** then check out the last video they run a 10.2 and then show under the hood of the car and take the intake off to reveal a stock evo 9 turbo :)

Stock turbo running ten sec pass ;D

Personally Id do the turbo rather than everything else they have and have it a bit more street friendly...just my opinion.

hate-evoz said:

2gz cash for 6speed and engine. Wanting to stock up on spare parts for my Version 7

on t.m the 6spd box alone is over 2k. so ill pass on ur offer. if u want the other setup and 5spd then come pick it up urself.u have my number

Personally Id do the turbo rather than everything else they have and have it a bit more street friendly...just my opinion.

Oh yea for sure man, was just backing up my claim of evos making 300wkw on stock turbo and running some insane times ;D .....but a factory turbo is very street friendly :)

Very mild and streetable, 2.3 strocker with stock turbo, you dont need mivec to hit 300kw stock turbo and be streetable just some mild 264 cams are enough even 272s are not bad, you will need water injection or e85 though and another advantage is stock afm is good for 300wkw :)

Stock evo 4 turbo? If so keep an eye out on TM some cheap evo 6- turbos $300- pop up from time to time. Cheap upgrade and more in the realm of the cars you posted up. Least late evos are a lot cheaper parts wise. The fuel thing/injection was what I meant we dont have E85 on pump up here and water injec I have no clue on. Do you need higher comp for E85?

Higher comp helps but is not needed, have a bit of a hybrid in mind but it does go suprisingly well right now. Last time at meremere i had a best trap of 182km/h i think a few small boltons here and there and a larger rear housing coupled with front housing will get me to 190km/h plus and hopefully high 11s, just gota figure out this clutch issue im having.