• Raised $0.00

worth the effort?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Oscar
 BC5RA said:

I never said it wasn't, merely pointed out the obvious.

Although telling him to get a closed deck 2.2 from the state's is some lofty advice ::)

Lofty? Untwist those bright pink, leopardskin man panties my friend. Reubs is right. 22T with 20R heads would be hawt!

• General Member

read it again Ric

Joker'][quote name='BC5RA said:

I never said it wasn't/quote]

Quote from: BC5RA on June 04, 2009, 04:17:31 pm[

Quote from: ReubenH on June 04, 2009, 12:56:11 amEJ20R's are WELL worth the effort mate!!

See if you can source a 2.2L closed deck block from the states, or a 2L closed deck locally, and slap your 20R heads on there, would be a KILLER engine.

Then it would hardly be an EJ20R wouldn't it?

= not an "R"

for clarity sake

• General Member

:D got it in one... that me!

especially when ppl troll on in and try to re-ignite the discussion/bait certain members...

[me=JoKer]looks at Ric - no harm so far = no foul[/me]

i did ask for advice and all this helps. i do appreciate all the info. maybe i shoulda put a poll on this page. as it is a weekend i decided to go snooping and see what i could find online and it seems that there arent any real "deals" in my area on closed deck motors so i will probably rebuild the 'r' and fit a larger oil pump and an oil cooler to try to eliminate any problems from the oil and them maybe a meth kit to stop detonation. any other ideas? or do those sound fair?

Ichi Ban said:

HISS

Ok guys, time to chill. Big deep breaths :)

More good advice :P

Sorry to butt in on this here sausage fest. But uh... I must have missed the part where someone typed 'heads off 20R + 2.2 block = 20R' :-\

On that note... 2.2 FTMFW

Guest Oscar
 BC5RA said:

Like i said.

Go Neuban.

Hey Oscar how's your RS going pal?

It's not. Destroyed the starter motor and had a fire. twas awesome.

Now with green sticker goodness!

Guest boostcut

haha sausage fest... you got that right... who gives a fark what you will have after a 2.2. bottom end and 20r heads it would be a wicked combo.

Hehehe 2.2 bottom end with the right piston/rod combo and OM NOM NOM heads like that would be a hell of a car. Got a lot of potential! ;D

Hurrhurr thought I'd add some chicken breasts to the pork sausages currently on the BBQ there :)

Lol it's like the opposite of the old 20G; sh!t heads and block of win.

• 2 weeks later...

alright guys, i was in the process of sourcing new rods and pistons and someone mentioned an ej257 shortblock to match to my ej20r heads for my jdm leggy gtb. as i understand it the ej20r heads are sick i mean some of the best heads i think subaru ever made. now my question is all i want is stock power, am i gonna need to replace the pistons or are the stock ej257 ones stout enough to handle it. also any recomendations for tuning. like do i have to go stand alone or can i go piggy back, this is my daily driver so i dont want anything insane or pricey, i will be building my jdm v7 sti later. any and all responses are welcomed, thanks.

adbramsay1 said:

alright guys, i was in the process of sourcing new rods and pistons and someone mentioned an ej257 shortblock to match to my ej20r heads for my jdm leggy gtb. as i understand it the ej20r heads are sick i mean some of the best heads i think subaru ever made. now my question is all i want is stock power, am i gonna need to replace the pistons or are the stock ej257 ones stout enough to handle it. also any recomendations for tuning. like do i have to go stand alone or can i go piggy back, this is my daily driver so i dont want anything insane or pricey, i will be building my jdm v7 sti later. any and all responses are welcomed, thanks.

EJ20R heads are good but as for best? nah.

If stock power is all you want, i'm sure the OE STI pistons will be able to withstand the ravages of 280hp.

I'm not going to get drawn into a stupidity mongering discussion with the two of you.

If Reuben wants to have a little huffy fit, because he really has no broader Subaru knowledge; of which he is accusing me of suffering, then let him have his say ;)