Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Subaru Extractors

Minaj

Hey guys was thinking about getting some extractors could anyone tell me if there is a difference in power my car is pretty laggy and i was thinking by getting extractors it will get on boost faster and pull harder in top end power?

Stoffa']

[quote name='lachlan said:

. no nothing on trade me will

/quote]

LIES!!!

the SSI 3 bolt flange ones on trade me are said to be made in the same factory as GT Spec and Tomei, they are at the very least exact copies

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/other/auction-553258948.htm

I run these and haven\'t had an issue yet (and I\'m running good power)

I run ej25 equal length. No rumble and theyre very short compared to aftermarket being that theyre split like a t rather than 4 long runners. Picked up performance down low, less lag and felt like more up top.

Where do you make full boost? If its avcs with td06 7cm it should be around 4000-4500 by memory. What form of boost control?

I also thought generally you get less lag or more top end not both. Equal length better up top. The twin scroll el no really comparable. Stand to be corrected Ive had no real experience just some cold hard interent facts.

Stoffa']

/quote]

LIES!!!

the SSI 3 bolt flange ones on trade me are said to be made in the same factory as GT Spec and Tomei, they are at the very least exact copies

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/subaru/other/auction-553258948.htm

Up pipe is too big in this set of unequals :) Therefore equals Rubbish ::)

evowrx said:

I run ej25 equal length. No rumble and theyre very short compared to aftermarket being that theyre split like a t rather than 4 long runners. Picked up performance down low, less lag and felt like more up top.

Where do you make full boost? If its avcs with td06 7cm it should be around 4000-4500 by memory. What form of boost control?

I also thought generally you get less lag or more top end not both. Equal length better up top. The twin scroll el no really comparable. Stand to be corrected Ive had no real experience just some cold hard interent facts.

i make 24 psi at 4500 rpm, but still feels laggy i\'m still running a hallmanpro boost tap going to buy a GFB ebc.

titian']

/quote]

LIES!!!

Therefor equals good for big power on a big setup not response on a relitivly stock setup :D not rubbish, just not the best possible choice of header for what hes after ;)

marc']

/quote]

LIES!!!

Therefor equals good for big power on a big setup not response on a relitivly stock setup :D not rubbish, just not the best possible choice of header for what hes after ;)

Unequal and up pipe not correct. >:( Therefore flow is not balanced. >:( Unequal equals unbalanced. :( :( Uppipe should only be the size of the exhaust inlet to the turbine ;D

Therefore.:- Expensive over rated shiny metal rubbish that will never give good results. :D :D.

OK Maybe better than standard but not much. Balanced pipe system will always give the best result. ;) ;)

D-Style said:

The Stock Manifolds are good for around 400hp before they become a limiting factor. Funny how so many people want to change them. Up pipe (and port matching) on standard mainfold be more than enough.

Very true! :) :) However a good set of tuned extractors allow better performance for equal power output.

Just fitting a set should allow another 10% power when engine is re tuned. ;D

Increased performance is more than just increasing the "power" There will be less turbo lag too. Along with an increase in the power band rpm. ;) ;)

Well designed tuned extractors are well worth it.

Unfortunatly most of those sold/promoted are NOT value for money! >:( >:(

titian']

[quote name='D-Style said:

The Stock Manifolds are good for around 400hp before they become a limiting factor. Funny how so many people want to change them. Up pipe (and port matching) on standard mainfold be more than enough.

/quote]

Very true! :) :) However a good set of tuned extractors allow better performance for equal power output.

Increased performance is more than just increasing the "power" There will be less turbo lag too. Along with an increase in the power band rpm. ;) ;)

Like any mod, theres pros/cons.

But getting headers before other basic mods are done/done well is the point im making. Sure a set of $2500 Tomei Ti headers will be great, but $2500 towards an ECU/EBC/Baffled sump etc etc would be more of a benefit before needing headers.

D-Style']

[quote name='D-Style said:

/quote]

Like any mod, theres pros/cons.

But getting headers before other basic mods are done/done well is the point im making. Sure a set of $2500 Tomei Ti headers will be great, but $2500 towards an ECU/EBC/Baffled sump etc etc would be more of a benefit before needing headers.

Have to agree with your statements so far ;) ;) ;D Tis all about money! The more power/performance you want ....The more it costs. Where to spend up first? Depends on what you wish to achieve A?

Spend on brakes then suspension for your road car. First. Bet i get shot down for that statement too! ;D ;D

As for engine? make it breath well as a standard motor. If you increase the power output....Well thats another 10K you should spend :o :o.... The list goes on/on/on :D;)