Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Temperature fluctuating on B4

kris_pran

At first when i discovered the coolant was leaking from the heater hose i replaced that and now the temperature seems to climb to the three quarter mark every-time im climbing a steep hill (wainuiomata hill) and remains there until i reach the top of the hill. Usually i turn it off for 2 mins and start it back up the temperature goes back to normal level. This has happened repeated number of times, it seems to happen on uphill climbs only whereas on flat roads and downhill its normal.

There are no signs of coolant leaking at present.

Any ideas what could be causing this issue?

need to bleed more water into it, generally the best way is park the car up the steepest incline you can get, or jack the front of the car up, etc, etc, etc

the air gets stuck at the back or through the heater core usually, and having the nose higher helps release it. start the car from cold with the cap up and see if you cant see the bubbles escape as the thermo start opens and the water circulates, then.. add more water as required.

Ive had my fair share of coolant bleeds on these things i find the best method is to park car facing up hill steeper the better.

MAKE SURE ENGINE IS COLD BEFORE STARTING!

1)Take Radiator (top tank) pressure cap off

2) Take top radiator hose off at radiator end (leaving it connected to the block) and try keep it pointing up

3) Fill engine via top hose until you cant fit anymore coolant in

4) reattach top hose and disconnect Large (ish) hose that goes into top of top tank (turbo coolant return i think) the one thats directly behind the cap.

5) Continue to fill system via top tank pressure cap untill full (squeezing the top rad hose while doing this helps to move air along)

6) Reattach hose and top up overflow to FULL Squeeze the top rad hose some more just to make sure you\'ve got the big air bubbles out.

7) Start engine and run toping up coolant as it drops via rad cap, rev engine to 2000 ish (coolant will drop) top up as much as you can and while holding at 2000 replace cap (make take a helper as you will need to do it quickly before it all gets shot out)

8)Take for drive/ run until fans come on top up overflow as needed

Make sure to check level again the next day or once cold and top up as needed. :D