Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

ever been evicted from a car showroom?

pbsrb5

pbsrb5 said:

Motor City, Great North Rd.

Looked like a decent garage, and the first salesman seemed quite keen to help, just went downhill quite quickly from there.

Personally i would have said to him "Call the cops mate" in a nice even tone. :D :D Then sat on the floor in the showroom and waited for them to arrive. :( :(

You had done nothing wrong after all so in all likely hood he would have been advised not to waste police time ;) ;)

In fact might just go an visit him myself ;D Car sales guys hate me anyway. I just love winding them up too! :D :D :D

And you cant be arrested for trespass right off the bat so dont be taken in.

They can ask you to leave and if you dont you can be excorted off by the cops but to be \'done\' for trespass and being trespassed is two different things.

Hes either a; grumpy b; hoping to sell a dodgo car to someone nieve or c; high on p

i figure c.

pbsrb5 said:

I\'m writing this whilst still in a state of shock........

As we do most weekends, the wife and I were driving around various Auckalnd garages looking at cars.

Been around the shore, through New Lynn, Pt Chev and Western Springs and while talking to one of the sales guys I said I was looking at Impreza Wrx\'s & STi\'s. He hadn\'t got anything but reckoned one of the dealers on K Rd would have what we were after.

Went up, had a look. They\'d got a couple of \'02/03 WRxSTi\'s, a bit high on the K\'s but worth seeing anyway. Then one of their salesman suggest I look at the black one in the showroom " you\'ll really like it" he said.

At first glance it looked good, not great, but worth a 2nd look.

A different salesman came over to start a conversation about the car as I was walking around it. Then I mentioned to the wife that the paint work looked like it had had a bit of a hard life. Dont get me wrong, stone chips and car park dings are par for the course and initially this didnt look any worse than any other 10yr old car. ( now i\'m no expert on paint, but to the un-trained eye it almost looked as if it MAY have had some work )

Then, next minute, the old boy from the office out the back came out and told me to go to the local car supermarket & start picking their stock to pieces. Perhaps I should go back when I know what I\'m talking about. I told him I\'ve owned five of these, so I know exactly what i\'m talking about. He then tells me to get out of his show room, get off his site before calls the police and get me arrested for trespass? He also starts shouting at my wife and when she asked him if he was the owner he said he was, she replied that she felt sorry for his customers but left straight away.

2hrs later I\'m still shaking my head in disbelief

A couple of points.

1, I worked in the motor trade in the UK for 15yrs and never, ever would I ever speak to a potential customer like that.

2, I may only be one customer, but in the 3 1/2 years i\'ve been back in NZ i\'ve bought, or been involved in the buying process for family members on 19 vehicles.

3, If you want to advertise a vehicle as " in absolutely immaculate condition " MAKE SURE IT IS

4, Shout your customer down if you feel the need, but remember, he has a voice too ( and the internet is a powerful thing )

That all I have to say for now, just a rant,

thanks for listening.

Phil

Wow

So what else is there to add to the story, I know some people are complete wankers, however sometimes there is more to what people let on.

I don\'t see why there has to be anything else to the story some people are just wankers.

I\'m glad he named and shamed the business it saves any of us having a bad experience, no point trying to nit pick his story unless you know him personally.

But thats human nature for you. ::)