Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

Antilag - How does it work?

pl0x

ECU pumps fuel through the motor without igniting it, and it explodes when it hits the headers

due to them being hot. The explosions keep the turbo spinning even though there is no power

generated in the motor... downsides:- none if you can afford to replace your turbo often, and

don't require power assisted brakes.

Systems I have seen retard the firing on cylinders, every 2nd or 3rd power stroke aswell as injecting extra fuel

This creates huge heat build in exhaust ,hence spooling turbo

Horrific fuel consumption is the result for a road car

Not to mention poor drivability off boost

Yeah also brakes become shite, as you have very little manifod vac

Yeah I apologise for being a ******* here... I don't have any experience with it or know technical specifics... just the basic concept.

D O L P H I N is a banned word?

loren said:

ECU pumps fuel through the motor without igniting it, and it explodes when it hits the headers

due to them being hot. The explosions keep the turbo spinning even though there is no power

generated in the motor... downsides:- none if you can afford to replace your turbo often, and

Oh ic well thanks for that,

yea my car has a switch for it but its not hooked up right and was thinking of getting going but nah i think ill leave it as it is lol

i love the backfiring sound between gear changes lol

ReubenH']

[quote name='loren said:

Yeah I apologise for being a ******* here... I don't have any experience with it or know technical specifics... just the basic concept.

D O L P H I N is a banned word?

/quote]

I would have thought newb an acceptable replacement for the word surely

that's going a bit far.

• 1 month later...
 pl0x']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

yea my car has a switch for it but its not hooked up right and was thinking of getting going but nah i think ill leave it as it is lol

easy fix to the power assisted brakes problem, fit a vacuum pump to the back of the alternator or find a 12v alternator with a pump on the ars of it that will fit.

Guest loren
 5UBZRO']

[quote name='loren said:

/quote]

easy fix to the power assisted brakes problem, fit a vacuum pump to the back of the alternator or find a 12v alternator with a pump on the ars of it that will fit.

or just take the booster out and get used to no assistance at all :)

yea, there are a few ways around lack of brakes.

Koom said:

Melts downpipes, up-pipes and blows up-pipe gaskets regularily too ;)

just got to get things made right first time just have to spend up large hahaha

-smurff

At Ralliart we used to run Aultronic engine ECU's and they would retard the timing on 2 cylinders so the fuel air mixture would ignite in the exhaust manifold.

Group-A cars ran no brake booster and tilton pedal box & switchable antilag

Group-N cars ran standard brake booster and standard pedalbox-they were not allowed external switches for antilag so would switch on at 2500 RPM.

-None of the brakes would work on the street because the brake compounds would take so long to get hot. (Very dodgy) Once up to temp it was not to bad with no booster-its like driving an old school car-

smurff']

yea, there are a few ways around lack of brakes.

[quote name='Koom said:

Melts downpipes, up-pipes and blows up-pipe gaskets regularily too ;)

/quote]

just got to get things made right first time just have to spend up large hahaha

-smurff

So you're implying that we need to spend more money??

Melts the expensive stuff too ;) Just a bit slower than cheap or factory stuff.

Haven't gotten to the point of using inconel exhausts like the WRC guys though.

Easy way around the lack of brake booster is just move the pivot point of the brake pedal. Or as 98WRX said, use a proper pedal box.