Please check your junk folder for registration emails ×
  • Current Donation Goals

• Raised $0.00

STUCK Overheating issue

scottharvey

Should be V5/6 or V3/4 pending on what yours is. Is coil pack in centre of mani or offset?

Actually I see that reliable online source wiki says its 8.0:1 which would be closer to sti comp ratio but it also says its COP which I doubt it ever was in the JDM/NZDM market. So if you got an EJ205 out of a V7 non sti without avcs and bolted you manifolds on it would likely be fine but unsure how cams compare to what your ecu expects.

Talk to fbssub1 on here.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shortblock is minus heads, longblock includes heads. V7- with avcs will require serious rewiring and an ecu to run it or leave it disconnected.

If your heads arent warped it would be a cheap repair job. Well cheaper than a new longblock Id say unless you find a cheap deal. Engines got to come out regardless.

Nope. If offset coil pack you need V5-. Try get the comp similar high comp engine with low comp ecu can cause det.

Head gaskets $200 pair genuine.

Head bolts -$100 iirc sta.

Coolant $20odd

Oil $50odd

Filter $12

All the above you can do yourself and obviously add the engine reco lads time to check heads and skim if required.

Scottspeed said if you dont run coolant for the first 100km you wil never blow another head gasket. Well Im guessing if your radiator split or something you would but yea Id listen to him.

if its not obvious different heads have different patterns your inlet manifold mounts too.. only 5/6 have the right pattern (and non AVCS) that your manfilold will bolt too..

then there is the issue of the compression ratio as mentioned above..

evowrx said:

Nope. If offset coil pack you need V5-. Try get the comp similar high comp engine with low comp ecu can cause det.

Head gaskets $200 pair genuine.

Head bolts -$100 iirc sta.

Coolant $20odd

Oil $50odd

Filter $12

All the above you can do yourself and obviously add the engine reco lads time to check heads and skim if required.

Scottspeed said if you dont run coolant for the first 100km you wil never blow another head gasket. Well Im guessing if your radiator split or something you would but yea Id listen to him.

Ok its just time consuming pulling motor apart id rather just buy fresh or would a v7 work with mine

ok so i tried bleeding the system i bled it for 20-30 mins jacked up and fair few bubbles came out and the fans cycled four times and i then took for a slow drive and was holding temp well until i went and stopped to get gas up the road and it climbed up to 3/4. But when i turn a corner it goes down until you straighten the car up again and shaking the car on the road makes it go down as well????? any ideas????

I took rad out and got it unblocked 2/3 of it was blocked so had all my hope in it being that so put it back in bled it and then drove and it was fine but then just shot up if I turn it off roll and then turn it on it will go down to running temp n then be fine and then go up n then drop quick but it gets hot because you can hear it boiling in the system. Pleeease help

CUDDAS said:

Did you put a new thermostat in or just check the old one?

Possibly semi blocked radiator, sticky thermostat or radiator cap that\'s lost its tension/seal

id start with the latter & go from there :)

well that\'s the radiator done, now id put in a new thermostat & radiator cap :)

does this have the small line from the top of the drivers side end tank back to where the rad cap is ?

not the over flow from the rad cap

my bg5 has one and it was blocked so it would always get a massive air lock where the top hose goes to the rad as its a high point .

if it has this line take it off and make sure it flows /

if it doesnt check if the join from the top hose to rad gets hot all the way around . all of the hose and end tank should be too hot to keep your hand on once the car is warm